RN - Registered Nurse - General Radiology
Requisition #: 385784
Location: Johns Hopkins Hospital Nursing, Baltimore, MD 21201
Work Shift: Day Shift
Work Week: Full Time
Weekend Work Required: Yes
Date Posted: June 17, 2021
The Johns Hopkins Hospital's General Radiology department provides clinical management of adult and pediatric patients undergoing x-rays, fluoroscopic exams, MRI exams, ultrasound exams, and nuclear medicine and positron emissions tomography (PET) exams including, but not limited to: IV access, central line management, education, crisis intervention, side effect management and pediatric sedation. Monitoring patients pre- and post- myelography and lumbar puncture procedures.
With passionate and driven leadership behind them, our nurses are able to dedicate themselves to patient safety, clinical excellence, and life-long learning. Take the forward step towards success and join our General Radiology department!
Shifts: 10 hour day shifts, occasional weekend work required
What Awaits You:
- Achievable and Progressive Clinical Ladder to encourage career growth and development
- Relocation Assistance (RNs with 1+ years of experience) - Receive monetary assistance if greater than 50 miles away
- Tuition Reimbursement - Up to $15,000 per fiscal year
- Dependent Child Tuition - Payment for up to 50% of child's tuition and eligible mandatory academic fees at an accredited, degree-granting instutition
- Annual Bonuses - Optional Opportunity for up to $2,000 every year through acknowledgement of your professional nursing contributions AND an extra bonus for completing activities that benefit your health throughout the year!
- Simple Tobacco Free Program - By staying tobacco free, you receive $$ in every pay check!
Who Should Apply:
- BSN/MSN preferred. Must be from an accredited nursing program.
- Active Maryland or Compact RN license is required
- BLS CPR certification required: AHA, Red Cross, or Military Training Network accepted
- RN experience required; Ideal candidate has at least 18 months
(Applicants with an Associate’s degree in nursing from an accredited nursing program may be considered; provided they are enrolled in an accredited BSN/MSN program within 1 year of hire and complete the degree within 5 years of hire)
Important Notice: Authorization to Work in the United States: Applicants who require sponsorship now or in the future will not be considered for this position.
Johns Hopkins Health System and its affiliates are an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, age, national origin, mental or physical disability, genetic information, veteran status, or any other status protected by federal, state, or local law.
Johns Hopkins Health System and its affiliates are drug-free workplace employers.
We are committed to providing a healthy and safe environment for our patients, visitors and staff members. The Johns Hopkins Hospital has a tobacco-free at work policy. Employees must refrain from using any tobacco products during their work shifts — including while at lunch or on breaks, and whether they are on or off campus.
Johns Hopkins Medicine.