Clinical Social Worker - Cystic FibrosisApply
Johns Hopkins Health System employs more than 20,000 people annually. When joining the Johns Hopkins Health System, you became part of a diverse organization dedicated to its patients, their families, and the community we serve, as well as to our employees. Career opportunities are available in academic and community hospital settings, home care services, physician practices, international affiliate locations and in the health insurance industry. Great careers continually advance here.
At Johns Hopkins All Children's Hospital located in St. Petersburg, FL, we offer first-class pediatric care, along with the best lifestyle anyone could imagine. In the heart of Tampa Bay our main campus and state-of-the-art facility is located in downtown St. Petersburg, Florida and just minutes from restaurants, beautiful beaches, sports arenas and a multitude of family activities.
Clinical Social Worker's purpose is to assist the patient, family, and health care team in identifying the psychosocial factors which contribute to the health problem, influence the medical treatment, or impact planning for discharge from the hospital. This position requires competency in a wide range of therapeutic modalities resulting in a complex level of intervention. Clinical Social Worker serves as an integral member of the health care team delivering psychosocial care in accordance with JHACH policies and procedures.
1. Conducts psychosocial assessment to identify and respond to patient and families' social and emotional needs that impacts the patient's medical treatment and outcome.
2. Conducts suicide risk assessment and if patient meets criteria then baker act the patient as well as assist with placement to a psychiatric facility.
3. Makes necessary referrals to multi-disciplinary team members and links patient and family to community resources to assist in coordination of care or reduces psychosocial distress.
4. Provides therapeutic interventions such as crisis intervention, protective services, grief/supportive counseling, problem-solving, strengths perspective, utilization of healthy coping strategies, and psychoeducation.
5. Collaborates with medical team to develop a plan of care and identifies psychosocial barriers that interferes/prevents discharge.
6. Maintains timely electronic psychosocial documentation, data collection, and proper record keeping for patients.
7. Communicates with team members regarding the patient's needs and interventions utilized as well as attends team meetings, huddles, and/or rounds.
Masters of Social Work Degree from an accredited program required.
Minimum of 2 years of clinical social work experience.
Valid Florida LCSW
Excellent listening and oral/written communication skills.
Johns Hopkins Health System and its affiliates are Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, sex, age, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, and or any other status protected by federal, state, or local law.