Security Officer (Afternoon)
Requisition #: 196474
Location: Johns Hopkins All Children's Hospital, St. Petersburg, FL 33701
Category: Support Services (Services/Trades)
Work Shift: Evening Shift
Work Week: Full Time (40 hours)
Weekend Work Required: No
Date Posted: Sept. 30, 2019
Johns Hopkins Health System employs more than 20,000 people annually. Upon joining Johns Hopkins Health System, you become part of a diverse organization dedicated to its patients, their families, and the community we serve, as well as to our employees. Career opportunities are available in academic and community hospital settings, home care services, physician practices, international affiliate locations and in the health insurance industry. If you share in our vision, mission and values and also have exceptional customer service and technical skills, we invite you to join those who are leaders and innovators in the healthcare field.
Performs security and emergency/crisis response tasks and activities to proactively maintain the hospital campus and outreach community centers in a safe and secure environment. Interacts with employees, patients and guests with the highest levels of professionalism and customer service. Appearance standards and verbal skills are vital in creating confidence when interacting with the public.
- Ability to ensure, through proactive techniques, the security and safety of all employees, patients and guests with the highest levels of professionalism and customer service in order to create the securest and safest environment possible
- Ability to respond to a variety of emergencies/ crisis situations and provide the necessary intervention to restore normal conditions and begin treatment of injured persons
- Proactively protects the health system’s facilities and assets in order to prevent damage and loss
- Enforces compliance to the health system’s policies, practices and directives related to the safety and security of facilities, employees, patients and guests in order to ensure the safest and most secure environment
- Adheres to federal, state, local and health system laws, regulations and ordinances to ensure compliance and good legal and ethical standings
- High School Diploma, GED, Certificate of Completion or equivalent achievement
- 1 year service within a security, law enforcement, military or public safety sector
- State of Florida Class D Security License
- Current State of Florida Driver’s License.
- Obtain within 6 months and recertify annually CRP/ First Aid, CPI, BLS, Physical Restraint Practical and Safe Driving Course
- Must be knowledgeable of security methods and practices, have public relations/ customer service experience with proven experience in responding to emergencies/ crisis situations
- Must be able to complete the Biking Unit Tryouts to join the Biking Unit.
Johns Hopkins Health System and its affiliates are an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, age, national origin, mental or physical disability, genetic information, veteran status, or any other status protected by federal, state, or local law. Johns Hopkins Health System and its affiliates are drug-free workplace employers. #LI-SJ
Johns Hopkins Medicine.