Security Officer (Eves & Weekend)
Requisition #: 213544
Location: Johns Hopkins All Children's Hospital, St. Petersburg, FL 33701
Category: Support Services (Services/Trades)
Work Shift: Night Shift
Work Week: Full Time (40 hours)
Weekend Work Required: Yes
Date Posted: Jan. 23, 2020
Performs security and emergency/crisis response tasks and activities to proactively maintain the hospital campus and outreach community centers in a safe and secure environment. Interacts with employees, patients and guests with the highest levels of professionalism and customer service. Appearance standards and verbal skills are vital in creating confidence when interacting with the public.
Work Hours: Saturday & Sunday 1930-0800 (12 hours) and Thursday & Friday 1530-0000 (8 hours)
Location: St. Petersburg, FL
- High School Diploma, GED, Certificate of Completion or equivalent achievement
- 1 year service within a security, law enforcement, military or public safety sector
- State of Florida Class D Security License
- Current State of Florida Driver’s License.
- Obtain within 6 months and recertify annually CPR/First Aid, BLS, Physical Restraint Practical and Safe Driving Course. Obtain CPI within 6 months and recertify every two years.
- Must be knowledgeable of security methods and practices, have public relations/ customer service experience with proven experience in responding to emergencies/ crisis situations
- Must be able to complete the Biking Unit Tryouts to join the Biking Unit.
Johns Hopkins Health System and its affiliates are drug-free workplace employers.
Johns Hopkins Health System and its affiliates are an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, age, national origin, mental or physical disability, genetic information, veteran status, or any other status protected by federal, state, or local law.
Johns Hopkins Medicine.