Security Officer Per Diem
Requisition #: 186660
Location: Johns Hopkins All Children's Hospital, St. Petersburg, FL 33701
Category: Support Services (Services/Trades)
Work Shift: Day Shift
Work Week: Casual (less than 20)
Weekend Work Required: Yes
Date Posted: May 13, 2019
Johns Hopkins Health System employs more than 20,000 people annually. When joining the Johns Hopkins Health System, you became part of a diverse organization dedicated to its patients, their families, and the community we serve, as well as to our employees. Career opportunities are available in academic and community hospital settings, home care services, physician practices, international affiliate locations and in the health insurance industry. Great careers continually advance here.
Performs security and emergency/crisis response tasks and activities to proactively maintain the hospital campus and outreach community centers in a safe and secure environment. Interacts with employees, patients and guests with the highest levels of professionalism and customer service. Appearance standards and verbal skills are vital in creating confidence when interacting with the public.
- Ability to ensure, through proactive techniques, the security and safety of all employees, patients and guests with the highest levels of professionalism and customer service in order to create the securest and safest environment possible
- Ability to respond to a variety of emergencies/ crisis situations and provide the necessary intervention to restore normal conditions and begin treatment of injured persons
- Proactively protects the health system’s facilities and assets in order to prevent damage and loss
- Enforces compliance to the health system’s policies, practices and directives related to the safety and security of facilities, employees, patients and guests in order to ensure the safest and most secure environment
- Adheres to federal, state, local and health system laws, regulations and ordinances to ensure compliance and good legal and ethical standings
- High School Diploma/G.E.D
- 1 year service within a security, law enforcement, military or public safety sector
- State of Florida Class D Security License
- Current State of Florida Driver’s License.
- Obtain within 6 months and recertify annually CPR/First Aid, BLS, Physical Restraint Practical and Safe Driving Course. Obtain CPI within 6 months and recertify every two years.
- Must be knowledgeable of security methods and practices, have public relations/ customer service experience with proven experience in responding to emergencies/ crisis situations
- Must be able to complete the Biking Unit Tryouts to join the Biking Unit.
0730 - 1600
501 6th Ave South, Saint Petersburg, FL, 33701
Must have a current State of Florida drivers license and a valid State of Florida security Class D license. Must have current CPR and Basic First Aid certifications. Four-year high school graduate or G.E.D. equivalent. High school education or training is required. Associates degree in a related field is preferred.
Johns Hopkins Health System and its affiliates are Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, sex, age, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, and or any other status protected by federal, state, or local law.
Johns Hopkins Medicine.