Security Supervisor (Captain)
Requisition #: 179878
Location: Johns Hopkins All Children's Hospital, St. Petersburg, FL 33701
Category: Support Services (Services/Trades)
Work Shift: Day Shift
Work Week: Full Time (40 hours)
Weekend Work Required: Yes
Date Posted: June 3, 2019
Johns Hopkins Health System employs more than 20,000 people annually. When joining the Johns Hopkins Health System, you became part of a diverse organization dedicated to its patients, their families, and the community we serve, as well as to our employees. Career opportunities are available in academic and community hospital settings, home care services, physician practices, international affiliate locations and in the health insurance industry. Great careers continually advance here.
The security supervisor shall be accountable for the day-to-day supervision and development of shift personnel. Conducts analysis, helps develop and implement policies, methods and systems to improve the overall efficiency and effectiveness of the security department. Accountable for implementing focus on quality and education in security, life safety and law enforcement tactics and strategies. Leads a team and participates in the strategic planning and attainment of goals for areas of responsibilities.
1. Ability to ensure, through proactive techniques, the security and safety of all employees, patients and guests with the highest levels of professionalism and customer service in order to create the securest and safest environment possible
2. Oversight of work processes and work plans to ensure efficient use of resources
3. Ensures consistent application of department and hospital policies and procedures, as proactively as possible, in order to create a safe environment for all employees, patients, staff and visitors
4. Provides for daily activities of the security department and work processes that result in quality outcomes to further the life safety and service-orientated goals of the department and JHACH
5. Leads security personnel and models behaviors and service standards ensuring service expectations are understood by team and that staff is properly trained
6. Leads assigned staff in a manner consistent with organizational policies and values; may participate in recruitment and retention of competent staff to ensure the business operations of the department or group
Associate’s degree preferred
2 years’ experience in security, law enforcement, military or related fields in addition to supervisory requirements listed below in classifications.
State of Florida Class D Security License
Current State of Florida Driver’s License
Ability to obtain within 6 months and recertify annually CRP/ First Aid, CPI, BLS, Physical Restraint Practical and Safe Driving Course
Possess knowledge of security methods and procedures
Public relations oriented
Must be able to complete the Biking Unit Tryouts to join the Biking Unit
Sergeant Classification: Proven one year supervisory experience in security, law enforcement, military or a related field. Must have or be able to obtain the IAHSS certified designation within three months of hire. Associate’s degree preferred.
Lieutenant Classification: Proven three years supervisory experience in security, law enforcement, military or a related field. Must have or be able to obtain the IAHSS certified designation within three months of hire. Associate’s degree required.
Captain Classification: Proven five years supervisory experience in security, law enforcement, military or a related field. Must have or be able to obtain the IAHSS certified designation within three months of hire. Bachelor’s degree required.
Johns Hopkins Health System and its affiliates are drug-free workplace employers.
Johns Hopkins Health System and its affiliates are an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, age, national origin, mental or physical disability, genetic information, veteran status, or any other status protected by federal, state, or local law.
Johns Hopkins Medicine.