Senior Communications Specialist
- Requisition #:
- Johns Hopkins Health System, Baltimore, MD 21201
- Non-Clinical Professional
- Day Shift
Serve as a trusted partner and strategic advisor internal clients to provide effective communication to internal audiences.
- Develop and implement internal communications strategies; build awareness and understanding of programs and initiatives in support of organizational and department-level strategic goals and objectives.
- Draft content and messages for various communications channels (print, web, video, etc.). Identify stories and produce high-quality written materials for JHM electronic, print, video, etc.
- Collaborate with the enterprise Marketing and Communication colleagues to plan/implement internal communications projects.
- Build strong, collaborative relationships with key department and institutional stakeholders; serve on cross functional teams that include leadership and other JHM Marketing and Communications departments and colleagues across the enterprise.
- Look for new and innovative approaches to advance communication with internal audiences; design and implement communications systems and process improvements.
- Monitor and analyze communications effectiveness and trends to help inform and improve future projects.
What Awaits You?
- Career growth and development
- Tuition Assistance
- Diverse and collaborative working environment
- Affordable and comprehensive benefits package
Location: Remote (Occasional travel to campus for events and meetings)
While this is a remote position, employees are required to work in the states where our organization is registered.
Registered Remote Locations: Maryland, Virginia, Washington DC, Florida, Pennsylvania, and Delaware
Full Time (40 hours)
Day Shift, 8:30 am - 5:00 pm
On call rotation to be available for emergent institutional messaging needs
Master's or Bachelor's degree in journalism, communications, public relations or closely related field required. Advanced degree in related field preferred.
A minimum of five years of related experience working in journalism, internal communications, public relations or closely related field required. Health care experience desirable.
Requires a strategic thinker with demonstrated experience developing implementing communications plans and strategies for diverse internal audiences across multiple communications channels, strong project management, high quality writing/storytelling and editing and working successfully within established deadlines. Proven complex narrative writing and editing skills, including translating medical, technical, scientific, or statistical information for lay and other audiences. Requires strong communication skills and proven ability to precisely and objectively communicate information and give and receive clear messages; ability to work comfortably in a fast-paced environment and effectively prioritize and manage multiple projects at once while setting and meeting demanding deadlines; strong organizational skills and attention to detail; sound judgment and discretion and the ability to maintain the confidentiality of sensitive information; ability to work effectively and independently with the highest levels of the organization.
JHM prioritizes the health and well-being of every employee. Come be healthy at Hopkins!
Diversity and Inclusion are Johns Hopkins Medicine Core Values. We are committed to creating a welcoming and inclusive environment, where we embrace and celebrate our differences, where all employees feel valued, contribute to our mission of serving the community, and engage in equitable healthcare delivery and workforce practices.
Johns Hopkins Health System and its affiliates are drug-free workplace employers.
Johns Hopkins Health System and its affiliates are an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, age, national origin, mental or physical disability, genetic information, veteran status, or any other status protected by federal, state, or local law.