Senior Sonographer I - Ultrasound
Requisition #: 186489
Location: Johns Hopkins Hospital/Johns Hopkins Health System, Baltimore, MD 21201
Category: Allied Health/Clinical Professional
Work Shift: Day Shift
Work Week: Full Time (40 hours)
Weekend Work Required: No
Date Posted: May 22, 2019
Johns Hopkins Health System employs more than 20,000 people annually. When joining the Johns Hopkins Health System, you became part of a diverse organization dedicated to its patients, their families, and the community we serve, as well as to our employees. Career opportunities are available in academic and community hospital settings, home care services, physician practices, international affiliate locations and in the health insurance industry. Great careers continually advance here.
Under the general supervision of the Chief imaging Technologist and with the assistance of a physician, performs a more extensive range of diagnostic ultrasound and intervention procedures, assists in the training and supervising of ultrasound Sonographers, in clinical research studies and orients and educates medical staff in theory and applications of sonographic technology.
· Requires a thorough knowledge of anatomy, physiology and pathology as related to Obstetrical ultrasound
· Requires a thorough knowledge of OB/GYN ultrasound protocols
· Requires a thorough knowledge of the principles of first trimester screening, three- and four-dimensional imaging, and obstetric Doppler studies.
· Knowledge of the principles of fetal echocardiography.
High School diploma or equivalent and successful completion of an approved curriculum in diagnostic ultrasound.
At least three (3) years of clinical experience in diagnostic obstetrical ultrasound.
Day, Full Time (40 hours)
Pay Grade: CN
JHH, Baltimore, MD
· Ability to provide ultrasound guidance for basic invasive procedures and demonstrate proficiency in three- and four-dimensional imaging and obstetrical Doppler studies.
· Ability to use all necessary equipment to obtain and document a complete examination.
· Ability to perform sonography and measurements required for a diagnostic sonography examination.
· Requires interpersonal and communication skills to interact with interpreting physicians, medical staff, patients, visitors and other employees.
Required Licensure, Certification:
Current and active registered diagnostic medical sonographer (RDMS) in obstetrics. Certified in first trimester screening with both the Fetal Medicine Foundation (FMF) and the Society of Maternal Fetal Medicine (SMFM) and the Nuchal Translucency Quality Review (NTQR).
· Possible exposure to communicable diseases, hazardous materials, radiation, and pharmacological agents with little likelihood of harm if established health precautions are followed.
· Work may require the use of lab coats, uniforms and/or protective clothing including gowns, gloves, masks and eye gear.
· Position requires the ability to assist the patient on and off the examination table and to also assist the patient into proper positioning to obtain diagnostic results.
· The position will require moving and lifting of supplies and equipment as needed, as well as the ability to move the ultrasound unit for portable examinations
Johns Hopkins is a Smoke – Free campus.
Johns Hopkins Health System and its affiliates are drug-free workplace employers.
Johns Hopkins Health System and its affiliates are an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, age, national origin, mental or physical disability, genetic information, veteran status, or any other status protected by federal, state, or local law.
Johns Hopkins Medicine.