- Requisition #:
- Johns Hopkins All Children's Hospital, Lakeland, FL 33801
- Clerical and Administrative Support
- Day Shift
At Johns Hopkins All Children's Hospital we offer an excellent Benefits Package, to include:
- Affordable healthcare
- Paid Time Off (PTO) and company paid holidays
- Tuition Assistance
- Life and disability insurance
- Opportunities for career development
- Employee discount program - travel, tickets, dining and more!
Service Representative Position Summary:
The Service Representative gives direction to provide efficient access to ensure patient safety. Successfully meets the challenges of accurately scheduling, appropriately managing and implementing provider scheduling templates, registering, and supporting multiple hospital clinics, rehab disciplines and/or departments. Displays leadership in working collaboratively with other members of the health care team, ensuring patient needs are met in a timely manner resulting in both patient and physician satisfaction. The position will maintain and develop processes to policies with the focus on increasing access.
Service Representative Key Accountabilities:
- Assists Service Representative Supervisor in orientation and training to increase competency.
- Creates, implements and manages clinic scheduling templates in accordance with divisional policies to improve patient access.
- Answers and direct telephone calls in a polite and informative manner and provides information by accessing alphabetical, geographical, or other directories in an effort to resolve callers’ needs.
- Schedules incoming calls, outgoing calls, and community physician referrals to facilitate scheduling is done in a timely fashion.
- Ensures demographic information is updated and registration is completed during scheduling to prevent errors for check-in or back end billing.
- Manages incoming requests and communication with referring physicians resulting in the satisfaction of both JHACH specialists and our referring physicians.
- Adheres to department policies and procedures and utilizes approved tools in order to provide consistent call handling processes and increased access.
- Demonstrates customer service skills, phone etiquette, and ability to meet productivity standards resulting in patient and family satisfaction.
Work Schedule: Full time, 40 hrs/wk
Work Location: Lakeland, FL
Service Representative Qualifications:
- A minimum of a High School diploma, GED, Certificate of Completion or equivalent achievement.
- The ability to communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing, and have strong interpersonal and team building skills required.
- Minimum of 4 years of healthcare business office knowledge with procedures including: registration, scheduling, medical record management, insurance required. Must also have advanced understanding of medical terminology.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with patients, fellow peers, medical staff, and the public.
We are committed to providing a healthy and safe environment for our patients, visitors and staff members. The Johns Hopkins Hospital has a tobacco-free at work policy. Employees must refrain from using any tobacco products during their work shifts — including while at lunch or on breaks, and whether they are on or off campus.
Johns Hopkins Health System and its affiliates are an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, age, national origin, mental or physical disability, genetic information, veteran status, or any other status protected by federal, state, or local law. Johns Hopkins Health System and its affiliates are drug-free workplace employers.