Service Representative II
Requisition #: 197802
Location: Johns Hopkins All Children's Hospital, St. Petersburg, FL 33701
Category: Non-Clinical Professional
Work Shift: Day Shift
Work Week: Full Time (40 hours)
Weekend Work Required: No
Date Posted: Nov. 7, 2019
Johns Hopkins Health System employs more than 20,000 people annually. When joining the Johns Hopkins Health System, you became part of a diverse organization dedicated to its patients, their families, and the community we serve, as well as to our employees. Career opportunities are available in academic and community hospital settings, home care services, physician practices, international affiliate locations and in the health insurance industry. Great careers continually advance here.
Responsible for answering and directing all telephone calls to ensure patient safety. Accurately schedules, registers, and supports multiple hospital clinics, rehab disciplines and/or departments. This position works collaboratively with other members of the health care team to ensure patient needs are met in a timely manner resulting in both patient and physician satisfaction.
- Answers and direct telephone calls in a polite and informative manner and provides information by accessing alphabetical, geographical, or other directories in an effort to resolve callers’ needs.
- Answers and processes all emergency calls efficiently and expeditiously to promote patient safety.
- Schedules and pre-registers following established policies and procedures to assure accuracy. Schedules incoming calls, outgoing calls, and community physician referrals to facilitate scheduling is done in a timely fashion.
- Ensures demographic information is updated and registration is completed during scheduling to prevent errors for check-in or back end billing.
- Manages incoming requests and communication with referring physicians resulting in the satisfaction of both JHACH specialists and our referring physicians.
- Maintains current knowledge in all areas responding to patient/staff requests, incoming and outgoing telephone calls and paging to support optimal Ambulatory clinic operations.
- Adheres to department policies and procedures and utilizes approved tools in order to provide consistent call handling processes and traige to schedule the appropriate appointment with the appropriate provider.
- Demonstrates customer service skills, phone etiquette, and ability to meet productivity standards resulting in patient and family satisfaction.
- Promotes teamwork within the immediate and extended work area in order to foster positive employee relations.
- Demonstrates willingness to achieve personal and professional growth resulting in staff development.
- Performs clerical or administrative tasks as needed to assure the integrity of the program.
- A minimum of a High School diploma, GED, Certificate of Completion or equivalent achievement
- Minimum of three years’ experience in a medical office or clinic environment required with knowledge of medical terminology.
- The ability to communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing, and have strong interpersonal and team building skills required.
- Knowledge of computer systems and electronic medical records is required.
- Must have visual and auditory acuity to operate general office equipment.
- Must be able to read, write, speak and understand English.
- __X___ Ability to move freely (standing, stooping, walking, bending, pushing and pulling) and lift up to a maximum of twenty-five (25) pounds without assistance.
- ___X__ Category 2: Job classification is not exposed to blood borne pathogens (blood or bodily fluids) while performing job duties.
- Further physical demands include sitting for the duration of two or more hours.
- Uses phone and computer throughout the work day.
- High stress, fast-paced environment.
Johns Hopkins Health System and its affiliates are drug-free workplace employers.
Johns Hopkins Health System and its affiliates are an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, age, national origin, mental or physical disability, genetic information, veteran status, or any other status protected by federal, state, or local law.
Johns Hopkins Medicine.