Clinical Social Worker - Home Care
Requisition #: 283347
Location: Johns Hopkins Home Care Group, Baltimore, MD 21224
Category: Social Work/Mental Health
Work Shift: Day Shift
Work Week: Full Time (40 hours)
Weekend Work Required: No
Date Posted: Sept. 29, 2020
While the world is cautioned to stay home in response to the Coronavirus (COVID-19) pandemic, Johns Hopkins Home Care Group’s mission to provide integrated and high quality, individualized care to patients and families in the home and community has never been more important.
With the protection of our employees, clients, and caregivers as our highest priority, we have mobilized a swift, efficient, and comprehensive response so that we can stay on the front lines, giving care—safely. If you're the type of person who rises to the occasion and wants to make a difference in the lives of others, we want to meet you (virtually, even)! We can work through this crisis—together.
The Licensed Clinical Social Worker (LCSW-C) is a key team member of the Johns Hopkins Home-based Medicine (JHOME) program. The JHOME program is a primary care program that provides home medical visits for older patients who can no longer reach a medical office. The LCSW-C will be responsible for providing psychosocial support to chronically and acutely ill older patients, their caregivers and families. Performs crisis intervention, end-of life care planning and goal setting, short-term counseling and referral to appropriate rehabilitation, community programs, and agencies. Assesses patients and caregivers for mental health illnesses such as depression, anxiety and stress while utilizing screening tools and coping strategy education. Provide home safety assessments, when needed. Works with the interdisciplinary team in integrating social work services into the plan of care.
- Master’s degree in Social Work from an accredited School of Social Work.
- Minimun 1 year experience in counseling and casework for the terminally, chronically and acutely ill adult population.
- Minimun 1 year experience in home care preferred.
- Knowledge of the services provided by other health care professionals and non-licensed providers in order to make timely and appropriate referrals for service.
- Maryland licensed certified social worker with counseling experience (LCSW-C)
- Current CPR certification
- Valid Maryland Driver's license
- Current auto insurance or reliable transportation
- Ability to exercise independent judgment, work independently, and manage multiple tasks.
- Organized in approach to work accomplishment and meeting time requirements.
- Ability to communicate clearly and effectively with varied persons including patients, families, home care staff, physicians and administrators.
- Ability to understand and comply with Agency and regulatory standards of care.
- Ability to accept and work with individuals and families with varied social and cultural backgrounds without being judgmental.
- A high degree of flexibility and the ability to establish priorities.
- Use of sound judgment.
Johns Hopkins Health System and its affiliates are drug-free workplace employers.
We are committed to providing a healthy and safe environment for our patients, visitors and staff members. The Johns Hopkins Health System has a tobacco-free at work policy. Employees must refrain from using any tobacco products during their work shifts — including while at lunch or on breaks, and whether they are on or off campus.
Johns Hopkins Health System and its affiliates are an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, age, national origin, mental or physical disability, genetic information, veteran status, or any other status protected by federal, state, or local law.
Johns Hopkins Medicine.