- Requisition #:
- Sibley Memorial Hospital, Washington, DC 20016
- Social Work/Mental Health
- Day Shift
GENERAL SUMMARY: The Social Worker is responsible for providing high quality patient care, displaying good skills in assessment, treatment planning, individual, group, family treatment, and discharge planning. Additionally, he/she is expected to function well as a member of the multidisciplinary team and participates in the unit community relations program.
Provides ancillary services to the Emergency and Psychiatry Departments in the evaluation of patients who present to the ED with psychiatric difficulties which may or may not require hospitalization. Will provide an expeditious approach in determine the appropriate disposition of the patient as well as improve the timeliness of patient assessment and treatment. Serves as a resource to patients’ families and the community.
MINIMUM EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Licensure as an LICSW in the District of Columbia. Graduate of an accredited program for social work services or counseling.
- Master’s degree in Social Work or sociology, gerontology, special education, rehabilitation counseling, or psychology from an accredited school.
- At least two to five years of psychiatric social work or counseling experience with a focus in adult, geriatric and crisis management.
- Current CPR Certification required