- Requisition #:
- Johns Hopkins Hospital, Baltimore, MD 21201
- Social Work/Mental Health
- Day Shift
Join an amazing global healthcare organization!
Excellent compensation package!
Awesome benefits, including dependent tuition reimbursement!
$5000.00 sign on bonus!
Location: 600 N. Wolfe Street, Baltimore, MD 21287
Provides direct psychological, social and practical care to a select caseload of patients and families including social work assessments, problem identification, goal setting and implementation of care plans. Makes referrals to outside agencies and coordinates continuity of care. Works collaboratively with the multidisciplinary team to optimize patient outcomes. Contributes to the attainment of organizational goals. Will be required to provide coverage during absences, vacancies and on call
Education: MSW degree from an accredited school of social work.
- Knowledge of biopsychosocial and cultural elements of clinical social work practice.
- Knowledge of procedures, systems, and organizational objectives used within social work.
- Effective knowledge of community resources.
- Knowledge of current health care environment.
- Knowledge of and ability to gather relevant data to synthesize and summarize information in making judgments regarding patient care.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills necessary to communicate/exchange and interact effectively and professionally with hospital staff, agency health care professionals, patients and families. Proficiency and skill in providing social work services in a mental health/health care setting.
- Analytical ability to assess patient needs, develop associated treatment plans and deliver effective interventions.
- Ability to identify organization obstacles and make recommendations to improve patient care.
Must be licensed by the Maryland Board of Social Work Examiners at the LMSW level.
Is licensed to practice social work in another state or possesses social work qualifications in another jurisdiction comparable and meets requirement established by the Board in regulations and has an application for a license pending before the Board or has successfully passed an examination or examinations prescribed by the Board pertinent to the license sought.
Johns Hopkins Health System and its affiliates are drug-free workplace employers.
We are committed to providing a healthy and safe environment for our patients, visitors and staff members. The Johns Hopkins Hospital has a tobacco-free at work policy. Employees must refrain from using any tobacco products during their work shifts — including while at lunch or on breaks, and whether they are on or off campus.
Johns Hopkins Health System and its affiliates are an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, age, national origin, mental or physical disability, genetic information, veteran status, or any other status protected by federal, state, or local law.