Requisition #: 568945
Location: Johns Hopkins Health System, Baltimore, MD 21201
Category: Information Technology
Work Shift: Day Shift
Work Week: Full Time
Weekend Work Required: No
Date Posted: Aug. 10, 2022
Req#568945 Software Engineer
JH @ Keswick
3910 Keswick Road, North Bldg.
1st Floor, Suite N1100
Baltimore, MD 21211
Responsible for the creation, implementation, maintenance, performance, production support and documentation of various departmental and enterprise-wide application systems. This includes but is not limited to the installation, modification, and testing of new and/or upgraded applications (packages or home grown), operating systems, file structures, hardware, communication devices, and productivity tools. Apply analysis techniques and procedures to gather and then translate business requirements into functional/technical specifications and designs. Using functional specifications and designs, produce all or part of the deliverables. Maintain databases and application system code.
Responsible for full life-cycle of medium to large sized complex projects; strong technical skills; strong ability to understand complex business processes. Develop solutions based on extensive technical knowledge, skills and experience; influence client towards innovative/integrated solutions.
• Experience with BI applications (ex. Tableau, SAP BusinessObjects, Power BI)
• Experience in SQL query design, development, and maintenance
• Experience in building front end web applications
• Knowledge of industry best practices for front end application development
• Knowledge of industry best practice for user experience
ANALYSIS AND REQUIREMENTS GATHERING
1. Define complex business/clinical/education problems by meeting with clients to observe and understand current processes and the issues related to those processes. Provide written documentation of findings to share with the client and other IT colleagues.
2. Gather complex system requirements by meeting with clients and researching existing technology to understand the business requirements and possible solutions for new applications.
DESIGN AND DEVELOPMENT
3. Develop detailed tasks and project plans by analyzing project scope and milestones for complex projects in order to ensure product is delivered in a timely fashion according to software lifecycle standards.
4. Write functional/technical specifications from the complex system requirements, putting them into functional and technical descriptions for use by programmers and business analysts to develop technical solutions.
TESTING AND DOCUMENTATION
9. Create and document complex test scenarios using the appropriate testing tools to validate and verify application functionality.
10. Test all changes by using the appropriate complex test scenarios to ensure all delivered solutions work as expected and errors are handling in a meaningful way.
11. Author and maintain documentation by writing audience-appropriate materials to serve as technical and/or end-user references.
12. Mentor junior staff in testing tools and technologies by reviewing their work.
IMPLEMENTATION AND MAINTENANCE
13. Implement changes by adhering to the change management policies and procedures for any given project to communicate to all parties the nature, significance, and risk factors of the solution.
Bachelor's degree required. Additional experience may be substituted for education.
Equivalency Formula: 30 undergraduate degree credits or 18 graduate degree credits = 1 year of experience. For jobs where equivalency is permitted, up to two years of non-related college coursework may be applied towards the total minimum education/experience required for the respective job.
Required Experience: Five years of related work experience with computer systems and applications. Additional education may substitute for experience.
Preferred Job Qualifications: Knowledge in the assigned application as well as the platform on which it runs.
Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities (KSA's):
1. Must possess all requisite knowledge, skills, and abilities as posted in the supplemental section.
2. Must demonstrate strong critical thinking and analytical reasoning skills.
3. Ability to work on multiple priorities effectively.
4. Ability to prioritize conflicting demands.
5. Ability to execute assigned project tasks within established schedule.
6. Ability to work collaboratively in a team environment.
7. Ability to communicate effectively in the service of users and colleagues.
8. Writes and communicates clearly and concisely.
9. Possesses sound documentation skills.
10. Ability to maintain confidentiality.
11. Must demonstrate exemplary customer service skills
Johns Hopkins Medicine.