Sonographer/Ultrasound-Maternal Fetal Medicine (Per Diem)- Northport
Requisition #: 172023
Location: Johns Hopkins All Children's Hospital, Sarasota, FL 34230
Category: Allied Health/Clinical Professional
Work Shift: Day Shift
Work Week: Casual (less than 20)
Weekend Work Required: No
Date Posted: Dec. 19, 2019
The Sonographer III demonstrates advanced knowledge and skills in the management of diagnostic testing. Demonstrates focused critical thinking, integrates multi-system implications and provides anticipatory observation and management for predictable events. Demonstrates interdisciplinary collaboration and an outcome-oriented approach to care.
- Ability to independently work in all applicable work settings to ensure high quality patient care and safety
- Ability to use independent judgement to accommodate the needs of the organization by determining proper corrective action or by referring problems to the other appropriate personnel
- Serves as a clinical resource/preceptor to Sonography staff and is capable of conducting peer education to help meet department goals and patient care standards
- Participates in organized department or hospital multi-disciplinary groups to increase interdisciplinary collaboration and to help meet department and organizational goals
- Triages and prioritizes patient care and ensures clinical data is correct and appropriate for exam/test requested to maintain patient safety and quality
- Selects appropriate equipment independently and consistently to optimize diagnostic quality and meet the patient’s specific needs.
- Demonstrates critical thinking to ensure patient safety and maximize diagnostic efficiency
- Demonstrates an awareness of cultural/ethical issues and recognizes patient and family diversity in accordance with JHACH diversity goals
- Performs accurate diagnostic sonography on patients with and without complex disease processes in a segmental approach as outlined in departmental procedure with excellent diagnostic image results
- Produces optimal images and accurate data to best support the providers’ diagnostic efforts
- Graduate of an approved diagnostic medical sonography program with minimum of three years’ experience
- Specialty registry through ARDMS or CCI
- Dual registries preferred (ex. Fetal Echo, Pediatric Echocardiography, Nuchal Translucency, Advanced Cardiac Sonographer, Registered Cardiac Sonographer, or Adult Echo)
- Current BLS certification, AHA
- Current Florida driver’s license with clean driving record
Johns Hopkins Health System and its affiliates are drug-free workplace employers.
Johns Hopkins Health System and its affiliates are an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, age, national origin, mental or physical disability, genetic information, veteran status, or any other status protected by federal, state, or local law.
Johns Hopkins Medicine.