Sourcing Lead (Non Clinical)
- Requisition #:
- Johns Hopkins Health System, Baltimore, MD 21201
- Non-Clinical Professional
Reporting into the Director of Non-Clinical Sourcing at the Johns Hopkins Health System (JHHS), the Sourcing Lead (Non-Clinical) is responsible for executing against a sourcing strategy for non-clinical items and purchased services across a range of different types of contracts. This position includes leading daily contracting activities such as drafting and negotiating contracts, (both GPO and local contracts), monitoring contract performance, developing, evaluating managing vendor relationships and options, building relationships with stakeholders across JHHS to reach consensus and implementing contracts with end users. In addition, the Sourcing Lead is responsible for conducting benchmarking activities, reviewing industry best practice and deep collaboration with Value Analysis teams (and other stakeholders, e.g. hospitals) to achieve cost savings, increase quality, and build and maintain a competitive departmental contracting portfolio.
The Sourcing Lead will participate in the formulation, development and revision to policies, procedures and strategies related to strategic sourcing as appropriate. This position will maintain a thorough knowledge of all product and service needs and industry developments in assigned categories, including their clinical applications. This position will be responsible for drafting contracts and providing guidance and training in coordination with Supply Chain Department Contract Managers and the JHHS Legal Department. The process of sourcing clinical products, non-clinical items and purchased services, and capital equipment and related services will align with the vision for the future of Supply Chain, “sourcing the best quality products at the best price, treating customers with service orientation and focusing on supply chain excellence internally.”
· Advanced knowledge of supply chain contracting strategies, management and drafting, including an understanding of strategic sourcing, spend analytics,
benchmarking, industry best practice and how to achieve cost reduction while maintaining or improving quality
· Advanced knowledge of cost reduction and quality improvement initiatives/projects to support the sourcing of assigned non-clinical items and purchased
services (e.g., pricing, standardization and utilization)
· Advanced knowledge of demand planning and forecasting and asset management (non-clinical product and services)
· Knowledge of contract negotiation, drafting and management
· Extensive knowledge of legal and contract language, knowledge of clinical categories as well as knowledge of contract negotiation techniques. · Knowledge of GPO and local contracting and its relation to departmental sourcing efforts. · Requires general knowledge of analyzing product lines, general understanding of finances and economics of purchasing as well as knowledge of developing marketing plans to introduce products or services.
· Demonstrated ability to develop and execute against contracting strategies for assigned clinical department(s) in line with JHHS Supply Chain’s strategic vision
· Advanced contract drafting, negotiation and contract management skills for both Group Purchasing Organization (GPO) and contracts negotiated directly
with vendors, as well as managing an RFP process
· Ability to leverage advanced analytical skills to inform sourcing/contracting strategies by referencing benchmarking, industry/market analysis, buy vs. lease
analysis, total cost of ownership reviews and spend analysis
· Demonstrated ability to develop and maintain strong vendor relationships, and maintain internal customer and supplier relationships to ensure successful
contract implementation and operational effectiveness
· Exceptional interpersonal, communication and influencing skills with the ability to maintain strong business relationships
· Demonstrated ability to identify and implement cost reduction and quality improvement initiatives (e.g. pricing, standardization and utilization)
· Ability to independently manage multiple priorities and complex, large-scale projects as a program leader
· Ability to responds appropriately and competently to the demands of work challenges when confronted with changes, ambiguity, diversity and other
· Ability to work in cross-functional teams (e.g. value analysis teams, physicians and clinical staff and administration support staff)
Required Licensure Certification, etc.
Not applicable / not required
Minimum of five years in strategic sourcing, purchasing / contractin
Johns Hopkins Health System and its affiliates are drug-free workplace employers.
We are committed to providing a healthy and safe environment for our patients, visitors and staff members. The Johns Hopkins Hospital has a tobacco-free at work policy. Employees must refrain from using any tobacco products during their work shifts — including while at lunch or on breaks, and whether they are on or off campus.
Johns Hopkins Health System and its affiliates are an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, age, national origin, mental or physical disability, genetic information, veteran status, or any other status protected by federal, state, or local law.