SPD Technician (Evenings)
Requisition #: 189148
Location: Johns Hopkins All Children's Hospital, St. Petersburg, FL 33701
Category: Nursing Support/Patient Care
Work Shift: Day Shift
Work Week: Full Time (40 hours)
Weekend Work Required: Yes
Date Posted: July 3, 2019
Johns Hopkins Health System employs more than 20,000 people annually. Upon joining Johns Hopkins Health System, you become part of a diverse organization dedicated to its patients, their families, and the community we serve, as well as to our employees. Career opportunities are available in academic and community hospital settings, home care services, physician practices, international affiliate locations and in the health insurance industry. If you share in our vision, mission and values and also have exceptional customer service and technical skills, we invite you to join those who are leaders and innovators in the healthcare field.
At Johns Hopkins All Children's Hospital located in St. Petersburg, FL, we offer first-class pediatric care, along with the best lifestyle anyone could imagine. In the heart of Tampa Bay our main campus and state-of-the-art facility is located in downtown St. Petersburg, Florida and just minutes from restaurants, beautiful beaches, sports arenas and a multitude of family activities.
We are committed to cultivating, nurturing and hiring the best talent for our organization and believe every person makes a difference in the lives of our patients and their families. As you’ll see, we take our work and our fun very seriously. We think you're going to love it here.
Performs and participates in decontamination, cleaning, assembling, packaging, scanning, sterilization, storage and distribution of reusable surgical instrumentation and equipment according to established standards and procedures to ensure sterile and functioning supply of materials and equipment.
**Hours for this position are 3pm-11:30pm**
- Receives used surgical instruments, supplies and equipment from operating rooms and other areas of the hospital to process and make available to sterile processing customers in a timely manner
- Disassembles, inspects, and decontaminates instruments, supplies and equipment to ensure quality, safety and consistency of instruments and medical equipment
- Assembles surgical instrument trays/peel packs to be prepared for sterilization
- Performs sterilization of prepared instrumentation which includes loading, monitoring, operating and maintaining various sterilization equipment to maintain a safe patient environment
- Performs decontamination, cleaning and high level disinfection of flexible scopes and other equipment which cannot be sterilized to ensure a safe patient environment
- Performs environmental maintenance duties and assists in maintaining inventory levels in sterile processing, the operating rooms and equipment storage areas to ensure the availability of equipment and supplies within the department
- High School diploma/GED
- Certification (surgical or sterile) required within six months of hire
- __X__ Ability to move freely (standing, stooping, walking, bending, pushing and pulling) and lift up to a maximum of Fifty (50) pounds without assistance
- __X__ Category 1: Job classification is exposed to blood borne pathogens (blood or bodily fluids) while performing job duties
- May be exposed to communicable diseases when working in a healthcare environment
- Frequent exposure to sharp objects and instruments
- Frequent exposure to moving mechanical parts, fumes, airborne particles, toxic or caustic chemicals and risk of electric shock
- Occasional high noise level
Johns Hopkins Health System and its affiliates are an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, age, national origin, mental or physical disability, genetic information, veteran status, or any other status protected by federal, state, or local law.
Johns Hopkins Medicine.