Specialty Care Tech - Tampa OCC (24 hr week)
Requisition #: 175317
Location: Johns Hopkins All Children's Hospital, Tampa, FL 33601
Category: Nursing Support/Patient Care
Work Shift: Day Shift
Work Week: Limited (20 - 29)
Weekend Work Required: No
Date Posted: Oct. 2, 2018
Johns Hopkins Health System employs more than 20,000 people annually. Upon joining Johns Hopkins Health System, you become part of a diverse organization dedicated to its patients, their families, and the community we serve, as well as to our employees. Career opportunities are available in academic and community hospital settings, home care services, physician practices, international affiliate locations and in the health insurance industry. If you share in our vision, mission and values and also have exceptional customer service and technical skills, we invite you to join those who are leaders and innovators in the healthcare field.
Johns Hopkins All Children's Outpatient Care in Tampa is a 52,000 square foot clinical facility that provides high-quality medical, diagnostic and rehabilitative services in a convenient outpatient setting. In cooperation with the University of South Florida College of Medicine and the Moffitt Cancer Center and Research Institute, Johns Hopkins All Children's Outpatient Care location in Tampa brings many quality pediatric services to children and families in the Tampa area
Provides patient centered, specialized, evidence based care across the continuum through an interprofessional approach to treatment, research, education and advocacy. Specialty Care Techs perform tasks and designated procedures to keep the flow of clinic practices running smoothly. The duties of specialty care techs vary from office to office.
- Demonstrates knowledge and skills necessary to provide age appropriate care to the patients
- Knowledgeable of special techniques utilized in working with patients
- Uses computer applications, answers telephones, greets patients and verifies appointments with patients by phone to facilitate access and patient care
- Updates patient EMR, completes paperwork as required, takes medical history and vital signs, completes initial medication reconciliation and prepares patients for examination to facilitate patient flow in clinic
- Participates in patient and family education, answering questions regarding follow-up appointments, etc. to ensure family has good understanding of care plan
- May assist the physician during exams, collects and prepares laboratory specimens, performs basic laboratory tests including obtaining blood specimens as required, disposing of contaminated supplies, and sterilizing medical instruments to provide a safe environment for patient
- Independently maintains daily maintenance of exam rooms, medical and laboratory supplies to meet patient care needs
- Demonstrates ability to work as an effective member of an interdisciplinary team to facilitate quality care
- Ability to establish rapport with patients and families from a variety of cultural, ethnic and religious backgrounds in order to provide family centered clinical care
- High School Diploma / GED
- Current BLS certification, AHA
- 1 year (or equivalent) of Specialty Care Tech experience in an ambulatory environment
- __X__ Ability to move freely (standing, stooping, walking, bending, pushing and pulling) and lift up to a maximum of twenty-five (25) pounds without assistance
- __X__ Category 1: Job classification is exposed to blood borne pathogens (blood or bodily fluids) while performing job duties
- Uses computers throughout the day
- Possible communicable disease exposure
- Possible biohazardous material exposure
- Probable hazardous materials exposure; see department specific M.S.D.S
Johns Hopkins Health System and its affiliates are drug-free workplace employers.
Johns Hopkins Health System and its affiliates are an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, age, national origin, mental or physical disability, genetic information, veteran status, or any other status protected by federal, state, or local law.
Johns Hopkins Medicine.