Speech Language Pathologist- Acute Care
- Requisition #:
- Johns Hopkins Hospital, Baltimore, MD 21201
- Day Shift
Speech-Language Pathologist – Acute Care – Physical Medicine & Rehabilitation (JHH)
The Speech-Language Pathologist works under the direct supervision of the Team Coordinator and/or Clinical Specialist, and leadership of the Rehab Therapy Services Inpatient Manager.
- objective evaluation techniques to assess the Speech, Language, Cognitive, Voice, and Swallowing limitations to patients who have developmental, neurological, cardiopulmonary, and otolaryngology disabilities.
- Prescribes and implements a treatment program which is designed to return patients to their maximum level of function.
- Rotates through assigned areas of the department or may have the opportunity to focus on one service area
- Work collaboratively with all members of the multidisciplinary health care team to maximize patient and team outcomes
- Promotes improvement in service, department, and hospital systems to benefit patient care.
- Incorporates and operationalizes the goals and objectives of the Hospital at the site of care.
- Mentors others to promote quality and excellence of care.
Full-time, Day Shift, 7:00 am – 5:30 pm, weekend work is required (one to three weekend days a month)
Johns Hopkins Hospital
Physical Medicine & Rehabilitation
- Successful completion of Speech-Language Pathology Clinical Fellowship.
- Completion of a Master’s Degree in Speech Pathology from an accredited academic program required.
- Current Maryland state licensure as Speech Pathologist and ASHA certification required.
- CPR required
Johns Hopkins Health System and its affiliates are drug-free workplace employers.
We are committed to providing a healthy and safe environment for our patients, visitors and staff members. The Johns Hopkins Hospital has a tobacco-free at work policy. Employees must refrain from using any tobacco products during their work shifts — including while at lunch or on breaks, and whether they are on or off campus.
Johns Hopkins Health System and its affiliates are an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, age, national origin, mental or physical disability, genetic information, veteran status, or any other status protected by federal, state, or local law.