Speech Language Pathologist - PRN
- Requisition #:
- Johns Hopkins Bayview Medical Center, Baltimore, MD 21201
- Day Shift
Join an amazing global healthcare organization with lots of opportunities for growth!
Awesome benefits include:
Medical ~ Dental ~ Vision ~ Nutrition Management ~ Fitness Programs ~ Retirement ~ Daily-Life Assistance ~ Family Resources ~ Educational Benefits ~ Discount Programs ~ Pet Insurance ~ Auto/homeowners/rental Insurance ~ Holidays Off ~ Paid Time Off ~ And Much More
Location: 5505 Johns Hopkins Bayview Circle, Baltimore, MD 21224
Shift: PRN, Casual/On-Call
Position Summary: Under the general supervision of the Chief Speech and Language Pathologist, is responsible for the diagnostic and treatment services of all patients experiencing speech, language, cognitive-linguistic, dysphasia and other related communication disorders. Maintains adequate records relating to diagnostic and treatment services, counsels patients and family members and consults with other hospital personnel regarding communication impairments. Assists the Chief SLP in research program development, maintaining departmental quality assurance programs and recommending clinical materials.
- Work requires the knowledge of theories, principles, and concepts typically acquired through completion of a Master’s degree in speech pathology.
- Current state licensure as Speech Pathologist is required.
- Valid CPR is also required.
Experience: At least 1 year of experience
- Work requires the analytical skills to collect information from diverse sources, apply professional principles in performing various analyses, and summarize the information and data in order to solve problems OR design relatively complex systems and programs that cross department/divisional lines.
- Work requires communications skills in order to effectively deal with conflicting views or issues and mediate fair solutions, or well-developed writing skills.