Sr. Business Solution Analyst
Requisition #: 543026
Location: Johns Hopkins Health System, Baltimore, MD 21201
Category: Non-Clinical Professional
Work Shift: Day Shift
Work Week: Full Time
Weekend Work Required: No
Date Posted: June 15, 2022
Join an amazing global healthcare organization!
Awesome benefits, including dependent tuition reimbursement!
Requisition #: 543026
Location: 3910 Keswick Road, Baltimore, MD 21211
Full Time (40 hours)
Day Shift, 8:30 am - 5:00 pm
The Sr. IT Business Solution Analyst is responsible for ensuring successful delivery of high-quality technical solutions that meet expectations of our constituents by leading the full life-cycle of large/long-term highly complex projects, which include a variety of programs and projects to evaluate business processes and gather requirements for complex transaction and reporting systems and adoption of test-driven development methodology. This position is responsible for developing, maintaining and organizing test cases, test scripts and test scenarios for information systems, test events and various other test deliverables for projects, enhancements, operations and maintenance activities. This role will develop common understanding and documentation of scope, requirements and design amongst stakeholders including sponsors, decision makers, content owners, users and technical teams. This position will also serve as a liaison providing assistance to various business partners by understanding the business requirements at a depth sufficient to define technical deliverables, including appropriate test coverage to ensure quality product is delivered. The position is also responsible for analyzing and reporting meaningful metrics on testing status and operations.
The Sr. IT Business Solution Analyst will provide a layer of essential services surrounding software development services, including the analysis and gathering of requirements, engaging with developers/engineers on solution design, and designing test suite in parallel with software development that will ultimately ensure delivered product meets quality standards, is fit for use, and meets expectations articulated by our customers.
Essential functions will include:
• Define highly complex business/clinical/education problems by meeting with clients to observe and understand current processes and the issues related to those processes.
• Work with project sponsors and users to define project scope and objectives, and conduct user interviews for requirements gathering.
• Analyze business problems and propose appropriate automated solutions, business processes and procedures.
• Research and recommend system design and enhancements to minimize costs and maximize system use
• Provide testing timelines, status and requirements gathering and create test strategy based on the analysis of design document and requirements
• Design test plans for projects and coordinate testing, data validation sessions and conduct unit and functional testing. Ensure that requirements, design and testing documentation meet department standards
• Facilitate integrated testing of business solutions.
• Execute functional and technical tests according to test plans and scripts, document results, and quickly identify, communicate and/or troubleshoot issues.
• Facilitate data governance to ensure responsibilities for content owners are clearly defined and communicated. Work with vendors to resolve problems, as needed
• Facilitate meetings, creates status reports and communicates with stakeholders or business users
Requires a minimum of a Bachelor's Degree. Additional related experience may be substituted for education.
8 or more years of business requirement gathering experience and system / integration / user acceptance testing (automated and manual)
• Experience with identifying and developing test cases, automated test cases, unit testing and test scripts for identified business requirements
• Experience with vendor evaluation and providing solutions relative to business needs/requirements and recommend suitable solutions
• Advanced SAP functional knowledge, in at least two of the core SAP modules (FI, CO, GM, MM, SRM, BW, HR, PY, Security, Workflow).
• In-depth understanding of IT concepts, development life cycles and best practices
• Strong understanding of the Agile development methodology and requirement gathering process
• Advanced knowledge in the assigned application (HP Quality Center, HP Quick Test Pro, HP Load Runner) and platform on which they run (SQL Server).
• Ability to communicate effectively and work collaboratively with disparate clients from business stakeholders to technical developers
• Excellent written and oral presentation skills; must have facilitated and guided users through requirements sessions with a combination of prototype and storytelling
• Strong facilitation skills to lead meetings and perform as an active team player in one or multiple agile/waterfall teams
• Self-starter who has experience prioritizing and planning complex work in a highly decentralized environment with minimal guidance
• Strong critical thinker with problem solving aptitude and ability to take initiative with an analytical perspective
• Ability to create quality assurance plans based on the analysis of design documents and requirements, create and execute test cases, log and assign defects and keep track of the defect status
• Must demonstrate exemplary customer service skills
• Provide monitoring and guidance in business process and application design to more junior staff. Give direction and leadership in techniques and tools to lower level staff.
• Provide experienced leadership for strategic planning in designing and developing comprehensive innovative integrated solutions.
• Mentor junior staff in testing tools and technologies by reviewing their work.
• Ability to work independently and exercise judgment necessary.
• Strong problem-solving, analytical ability and critical thinking to bring issues to resolution.
• Works on complex projects of large scope. Develops technical solutions to a wide range of highly complex problems
• Builds and maintains client relationships through positive interactions
JHM prioritizes the health and well-being of every employee. Come be healthy at Hopkins!
Diversity and Inclusion are Johns Hopkins Medicine Core Values. We are committed to creating a welcoming and inclusive environment, where we embrace and celebrate our differences, where all employees feel valued, contribute to our mission of serving the community, and engage in equitable healthcare delivery and workforce practices
Johns Hopkins Health System and its affiliates are an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, age, national origin, mental or physical disability, genetic information, veteran status, or any other status protected by federal, state, or local law.
Johns Hopkins Health System and its affiliates are drug-free workplace employers.
Johns Hopkins Medicine.