SR CDM Coordinator PRN
Requisition #: 498683
Location: Johns Hopkins Health System, Baltimore, MD 21201
Work Shift: Rotating Shift
Work Week: Casual (less than 20)
Weekend Work Required: No
Date Posted: March 24, 2022
Join an amazing global healthcare organization!
Excellent compensation package!
Awesome benefits, including dependent tuition reimbursement!
Requisition #: 498683
Location: 3910 Keswick Rd, Baltimore, MD 21211
Rotating Shift, 4:00 pm - 8:00 pm
The Sr. CDM Coordinator position is critical to the success of the revenue cycle process;under leadership of the director, case mix information management the Sr. CDM Coordinator will develop and maintain efficient workflow processes to ensure proper and compliant use of the chargemaster. responsibilities include; 1) produce and analyze standard monthly reports to identify trends and issues of compliance with federal and local regulations 2) identify and resolve patterns of rejections and denials when due to chargemaster coding, inadequate workflows and user error 3) working with administrative and clinical management, the sr. cdm coordinator will implement corrective actions and provide training in accordance with standard operating procedures 4) oversee and conduct annual chargemaster reviews for assigned facilities 5) reconcile and validate all charge capture tools against the chargemaster for accuracy, which includes mapping links between interface systems and various subsystems 6) review and audit claims for completeness and revenue enhancement 7) facilitate and conduct monthly chargemaster meetings 8) and at the corporate level, act as project lead for special task.
Requires High School Diploma or equivalent. Associates degree strongly preferred.
Minimum of 6 years of experience directly related to chargemaster maintenance.
One of the following certifications is required: CPC-H CPC, CCS, certification.
- Requires advanced knowledge of medical terminology, billing requirements and health care information systems.
- Requires an advanced understanding of ICD-9, CPT, HCPCS, and UB92 codes along with their assignment and compatibility.
- Requires detailed knowledge of clinical coding and documentation standards, guidelines, policies, and procedures.
- Requires a comprehensive knowledge of anatomy, physiology (as defined by the Medical Diagnostic Categories), and all body systems.
- Requires advanced knowledge and understanding regarding the State of Maryland HSCRC regulations and OPPs.
- Requires strong interpersonal, oral and written communication skills; the ability to interact and communicate effectively with all levels of hospital management and staff is essential.
- Demonstrated ability to read and understand complex billing and compliance regulations, especially as they relate to coding and billing.
- Requires the ability to plan and prioritize multiple tasks with limited direct supervision.
- Requires advanced analytical skills to be able to reconcile HSCRC and Government requirements pertinent to the maintenance of the CDM and implement them in clinical environment.
Johns Hopkins Health System and its affiliates are an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, age, national origin, mental or physical disability, genetic information, veteran status, or any other status protected by federal, state, or local law.
Johns Hopkins Health System and its affiliates are drug-free workplace employers.
Johns Hopkins Medicine.