Sr. Client Specialist (Remote Technical Support Specialist)
Requisition #: 575303
Location: Johns Hopkins Health System, Baltimore, MD 21201
Category: Information Technology
Work Shift: Evening Shift
Work Week: Full Time
Weekend Work Required: Yes
Date Posted: Sept. 7, 2022
Sr. Client Specialist (Remote Technical Support Speicalist)
Johns Hopkins @ East Baltimore
855 N. Wolfe St.
Rangos Bldg., Suite 600
Baltimore, MD 21205
Fri, Sat, Sun (7pm-7:30am)
Provides remote workstation administration support, workstation maintenance, and operation of Windows/Unix workstations. Troubleshoots problems and applies resolutions remotely. Resolves workstation issues remotely using tools such as SCCM, BeyondTrust Remote Support, Active Directory, etc.
Types of clients: Faculty, Staff, Students, Clinicians, etc. of Johns Hopkins University and Johns Hopkins Health Systems
When users experience technical issues, they will communicate their problems to a remote support specialist, who then find solutions to the inquiries. Working with users, remote support specialists provide excellent customer service. They communicate effectively and listen attentively to customers' concerns.
Remote Support Specialist serves as Tier II support for:
6. Workstation break/fix (Windows, macOS)
8. Other software and hardware
Required Education: Two years college course work. Additional experience can be substituted for education.
Equivalency Formula: JHH: Related experience beyond minimum training experience qualifications may substitute for formal education requirement on a two years' experience-for-one year education basis.
Required Experience: Four years of related experience.
Preferred Job Qualifications:
Knowledge in the assigned IT environments.
Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities (KSA's):
1. Possess all requisite knowledge, skills, and abilities as posted in the supplemental section.
2. Demonstrate critical thinking and reasoning skills.
3. Ability to work on assignments and set priorities.
4. Ability to interface with external and internal subject matter experts to complete tasks within established schedule.
5. Ability to work collaboratively in a team environment.
6. Ability to communicate effectively in the service of users and colleagues.
7. Write and communicate clearly and concisely.
8. Possess sound documentation skills.
9. Ability to maintain confidentiality.
10. Demonstrate exemplary customer service skills.
Johns Hopkins Health System and its affiliates are an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, age, national origin, mental or physical disability, genetic information, veteran status, or any other status protected by federal, state, or local law.
Johns Hopkins Health System and its affiliates are drug-free workplace employers.
We are committed to providing a healthy and safe environment for our patients, visitors and staff members. The Johns Hopkins Hospital has a tobacco-free at work policy. Employees must refrain from using any tobacco products during their work shifts — including while at lunch or on breaks, and whether they are on or off campus.
Johns Hopkins Medicine.