Sr. Financial Analyst
Requisition #: 182280
Location: Johns Hopkins Health Care, Glen Burnie, MD 21060
Work Shift: Day Shift
Work Week: Full Time (40 hours)
Weekend Work Required: No
Date Posted: June 7, 2019
Johns Hopkins Health System employs more than 20,000 people annually. When joining the Johns Hopkins Health System, you became part of a diverse organization dedicated to its patients, their families, and the community we serve, as well as to our employees. Career opportunities are available in academic and community hospital settings, home care services, physician practices, international affiliate locations and in the health insurance industry. Great careers continually advance here.
Provides complex financial analyses. Monitors actual results of financial data against plans, forecasts, and budgets. Gathers, organizes, and documents relevant financial information.
Requires knowledge of financial and accounting concepts as well as an extensive knowledge of spreadsheet and database software.
● Has in-depth conceptual and practical knowledge in own discipline and basic knowledge of related disciplines
● Solves complex problems
● Works independently; receives minimal guidance
● May lead projects or project steps within a broader project or may have accountability for ongoing activities or objectives
● Acts as a resource for colleagues with less experience
1. Extensive database experience (Access experience required) with an ability to access and manipulate significant amounts of complex data and produce meaningful and useful reports for senior management.
2. An outstanding ability to verbally (in particular) and in writing communicate ideas clearly with senior management.
3. Experience and an ability to independently prepare financial analysis and business plans that accurately presents the financial impact of proposals as well as other advantages and disadvantages of the proposal (the group you are working with feels you are a true contributor to the process, not just a collector and supplier of date).
4. Has natural inclination and ability to provide outstanding customer service.
5. Dedicated, hard working employee who achieves maximum efficiency and productivity.
6. An ability to suggest creative ideas that generate additional revenues and/or produce cost savings.
7. Knowledge of healthcare industry and standard code sets (ICD9/10, CPT and DRG) required.
Undergraduate degree in Accounting, Finance, or related field. 3 to 5 years of experience performing complex financial analysis.
Johns Hopkins Health System and its affiliates are Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, sex, age, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, and or any other status protected by federal, state, or local law.
Johns Hopkins Medicine.