Sr. Financial Analyst
Requisition #: 198422
Location: Johns Hopkins Health Care, Glen Burnie, MD 21060
Work Shift: Day Shift
Work Week: Full Time (40 hours)
Weekend Work Required: No
Date Posted: Jan. 15, 2020
Provides simple to moderately complex financial analyses. Monitors actual results of financial data against plans, forecasts, and budgets. Gathers, organizes, and documents relevant financial information. This position will support the Director in developing and implementing the following departmental objectives and activities in support of functional business unit decision-making.
Has in-depth conceptual and practical knowledge of finance in a healthcare field and is able to make independent judgements and recommendations. May lead projects and have accountability for ongoing activities/objectives. Acts as a resource to junior colleagues. Must have experience working in SQL or Access, and preferred experience working in Tableau and SAP.
- Bachelor’s degree required.
- Requires basic knowledge of financial and/or accounting concepts. Extensive knowledge of spreadsheet and database software
- Extensive database experience (Access experience required) with ability to access and manipulate significant amounts of complex data and produce meaningful and useful reports for senior management.
- An outstanding ability to verbally (in particular) and in writing communicate ideas clearly with senior management.
- Experience and an ability to independently prepare financial analysis and business plans that accurately presents the financial impact of proposals as well as other advantages and disadvantages of the proposal (the group you are working with feels you are a true contributor to the process, not just a collector and supplier of date).
- Has natural inclination and ability to provide outstanding customer service.
- Dedicated, hardworking employee who achieves maximum efficiency and productivity.
- An ability to suggest creative ideas that generate additional revenues and/or produce cost savings.
D. Work Experience:
- Requires 2-4 years of advanced financial analysis experience.
PAY GRADE: NM
Johns Hopkins Health System and its affiliates are Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, sex, age, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, and or any other status protected by federal, state, or local law.
Johns Hopkins Medicine.