Sr. Financial Analyst
Requisition #: 197797
Location: Johns Hopkins Medicine International, Baltimore, MD 21201
Work Shift: Day Shift
Work Week: Full Time (40 hours)
Weekend Work Required: No
Date Posted: Nov. 6, 2019
Johns Hopkins International
Delivering on the Promise of Medicine
The Senior Financial Analyst coordinates, performs, and oversees the budgeting and financial activities related to department, including cost centers, departmental and sponsored budgets, revenues (including revenue cycle management), and gift accounts as they relate to formal and informal departmental goals, standards, policies and procedures. The Sr. Financial Analyst analyzes department financial data and develops complex reports for forecasting and results analysis. The Sr. Financial Analyst assists in financial studies and analysis regarding projected changes in revenues and expenditures, and ensures compliance with department and/or agency regulations and restrictions. This position may train others in budget related policies and procedures
Work hours: Day, Monday - Friday
Work Location: Baltimore MD, Thames St.
- Requires a Bachelor’s degree in Business, Accounting, Healthcare Administration, or related field. MBA preferred. CPA preferred. 5 years related expereince.
- Requires knowledge of Budget processes and corporate finance as it relates to health care including the following: Budget analysis for health care programs and projects; Revenue cycle principles, Cost accounting principles; Managed care pricing; Management and development of staff.
- Requires analytical ability to develop some management, narrative, and statistical reports; Monitors, identifies, and communicates over-expenditures to faculty and administrative staff; Understands, monitors, and positively impacts hospital billing reports;
- Keeps abreast of laws and regulations that apply to a particular staff function or field of professional expertise to maintain up-to-date compliance; monitors and approves department expenditures throughout the budgetary period;
- Exchanges non-routine information using tact and persuasion as appropriate requiring good oral and written communication.
Johns Hopkins Hospital is a smoke free campus.
Johns Hopkins Health System and its affiliates are Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, sex, age, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, and or any other status protected by federal, state, or local law.
Johns Hopkins Medicine.