Sr. Instructional Designer
Requisition #: 188801
Location: Johns Hopkins Health Care, Hanover, MD 21076
Category: Non-Clinical Professional
Work Shift: Day Shift
Work Week: Full Time (40 hours)
Weekend Work Required: No
Date Posted: Aug. 2, 2019
Johns Hopkins Health System employs more than 20,000 people annually. Upon joining Johns Hopkins Health System, you become part of a diverse organization dedicated to its patients, their families, and the community we serve, as well as to our employees. Career opportunities are available in academic and community hospital settings, home care services, physician practices, international affiliate locations and in the health insurance industry. If you share in our vision, mission and values and also have exceptional customer service and technical skills, we invite you to join those who are leaders and innovators in the healthcare field.
The Senior Instructional Designer will create instructor-led content, online learning modules, user guides, and other supporting materials while following the established instructional design process (ADDIE). The Instructional Designer will use strong interpersonal, written, and visual communication skills to bring together text, images, video and audio to communicate and educate our employees. Responsible for management training and development. Senior Instructional Designer will also design training solutions, resolve issues and facilitate operational improvement. This position will provide ongoing development and support in areas such as training design/delivery, content management, and evaluation of training outcomes in Operations Support departments including Customer Service, Claims, Provider Maintenance, Quality Assurance, and/or other non-clinical areas.
Specific skills include:
- Designs, develops, implements, and evaluates training initiatives to include systems training, operational updates, and staff development courses. Training modalities include ILT and eLearning.
- Fundamental project management is necessary and expected to track the full lifecycle of course development.
- Works with the team to research and document all changes to system, process, procedure and policies.
- In-services are developed when appropriate.
- Collaborates with training colleagues and SMEs to ensure training material is current and effective.
- Demonstrates familiarity with Instructional Design and courseware development principles.
- Strong PC skills; including: Word, PPT, SnagIt. Prefer experience in some or all of the following: Storyline, Camtasia, Captivate (but will train the right person).
- Desire to continuously learn new features of development tools and software.
- High attention to detail.
- Ability to prioritize and meet deadlines in a fast-paced department with shifting priorities.
- Analyzes training programs based on operations support training initiatives and needs for management/leadership development.
- Develops comprehensive Trainer Material and/or Facilitator Guides to ensure subsequent and/or replicated training sessions are synchronized.
- Develops course, reference, and/or instructional content that is thorough, accurate, and user-friendly, as applicable
- Conducts training sessions and/or facilitates learning for all levels of employees using designated materials, deliverables, and/or blended learning solutions, as appropriate
Johns Hopkins Health System and its affiliates are Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity,sex, age, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, and or any other status protected by federal, state, or local law.
Johns Hopkins Medicine.