Sr. Network Technician-Audio Visual 1
Requisition #: 534786
Location: Johns Hopkins Health System, St. Petersburg, FL
Category: Information Technology
Work Shift: Day Shift
Work Week: Full Time
Weekend Work Required: No
Date Posted: June 13, 2022
Sr. Network Technician-Audio Visual
All Children's Hospital
501 6th Ave., South Street
St. Petersburg, FL 33701
The Audio visual specialist is responsible for the installation, maintenance, ongoing technical support and administration of the organizations videoconference network, audio visual and satellite TV systems.
1. Manages video conference network infrastructure and video conference system endpoints to support internal and external collaboration for clinical and administrative meetings.
2. Manages and maintains audio/video (A/V) systems, performs preventive maintenance, testing, and implement audio, video and control systems to support the enterprise requirements for collaboration tools in the JHACH conference rooms.
3. Working in conjunction with the Audio Visual Network Engineer, receives and coordinates videoconferencing requests and uses the videoconferencing system to successfully carry-out conference events.
4. Responsible for service, preventive maintenance, testing and implementing new channels associated with the Hospital internal satellite TV system.
5. Assists the Audio Visual Network Engineer in receiving and auditing invoices. Applies charges for services, video equipment, labor, and repair costs and routes to Finance Department for payment. Helps to maintain information on expenses for administrative reporting purposes.
6. Assists with maintaining, monitoring and technical support of the GetWellNetwork (GWN) System.
7. Verifies the quality of all contractor equipment, installations, wall penetrations and cable installations to ensure that life safety and hospital building codes and regulations are met.
8. Responsible for creating, modifying and completing work tickets inserting accurate work time and commentary in the ticket to support the time tracking, service level, and work productivity reporting.
9. Work as a member of team, showing respect, professionalism, and compassion to other team members regardless of race, creed, or gender to foster good will and camaraderie.
• Education - High School Diploma, Undergraduate degree preferred
• Relevant Experience - 3-5 years progressive experience in audio and video distribution system, commissioning and implementation. Crestron systems experience preferred. Strong understanding of web-based video conferencing solutions, Teams, Zoom, WebEx.
• Basic knowledge of IP networks, Troubleshoot network connectivity issues for Audio Visual devices
• Basic Knowledge of audio Digital Signal Processor (DSP) device.
• Licensure/Certification - preferred but not required: Certified Technology Specialist (CTS)
• Valid driver's license
• Skills and Abilities
o Audio and video system implementation and maintenance.
o AV systems integration including audio and video, and web-based video conferencing platforms, Teams, Zoom, WebEx
o Technical and functional understanding of video conferencing systems.
o Experience with other scheduling applications i.e. Microsoft Outlook
o Satellite and Cable TV systems including channel modulation.
o Intermediate computer skills, including Microsoft Windows and associated applications.
o Strong aptitude for learning and understanding new technology
o Excellent communication, interpersonal, and customer service skills.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS (Please check all that apply)
• Ability to move freely (standing, stooping, walking, bending, pushing and pulling) and lift up to a maximum of Fifty (50) pounds without assistance.
• Category 2: Job classification is not exposed to blood borne pathogens (blood or bodily fluids) while performing job duties.
• Near visual acuity and manual dexterity
• Capable of climbing a ladder
• Occasional exposure to dust
• Occasional exposure to construction sites and materials
• Occasional high noise levels
JHM prioritizes the health and well-being of every employee. Come be healthy at Hopkins!
Diversity and Inclusion are Johns Hopkins Medicine Core Values. We are committed to creating a welcoming and inclusive environment, where we embrace and celebrate our differences, where all employees feel valued, contribute to our mission of serving the community, and engage in equitable healthcare delivery and workforce practices
Johns Hopkins Health System and its affiliates are an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, age, national origin, mental or physical disability, genetic information, veteran status, or any other status protected by federal, state, or local law.
Johns Hopkins Health System and its affiliates are drug-free workplace employers.
Johns Hopkins Medicine.