Sr. Network Technician-Avaya Telecom
Requisition #: 188125
Location: Johns Hopkins Hospital/Johns Hopkins Health System, Baltimore, MD 21201
Category: Information Technology
Work Shift: Day Shift
Work Week: Full Time (40 hours)
Weekend Work Required: No
Date Posted: July 9, 2019
Johns Hopkins Health System employs more than 20,000 people annually. Upon joining Johns Hopkins Health System, you become part of a diverse organization dedicated to its patients, their families, and the community we serve, as well as to our employees. Career opportunities are available in academic and community hospital settings, home care services, physician practices, international affiliate locations and in the health insurance industry. If you share in our vision, mission and values and also have exceptional customer service and technical skills, we invite you to join those who are leaders and innovators in the healthcare field.
Sr. Network Technician: Networking, Telecommunications & Data Center
This position will be responsible for supporting telecommunication services for all Johns Hopkins campuses. The current Avaya platform supports JHHS and JHU stations served by switching nodes located at Marburg, Homewood, White Marsh, Candler, Armstrong, Harbor East, Lancaster, MCC, SAIS, Thames St, CSC, JHCHS and JHHCG. There are 60K+station users across the JHH & JHU footprint, 1300+ call center agents and 25K+ mailboxes/ECPs (In addition to 9000+ CTX, ISDN and dial tone lines).
The responsibilities listed below are typical examples of the work performed by this position. Not all duties assigned to this position are included, nor is it expected that everyone in this position will be assigned every job responsibility.
NETWORK ANALYSIS AND DESIGN
• Lead and coordinate small- to medium-sized routine projects (e.g., moves, adds, changes within existing infrastructure) by outlining specific tasks for a defined project to deliver service to customers.
• Gather customer requirements by meeting with customers to convey to supervisor/manager the information gathered in a clear and concise manner.
INSTALLATION AND CONFIGURATION
• Configure and validate network switch configurations inclusive of VLAN configurations by using established procedures and tools to deliver quality products to customers.
• Install network hardware and software including data jacks by following provided documentation and tools to deliver quality products to customers.
• Implement changes by adhering to the change management policies and procedures for any given project. Communicate to all parties the nature, significance, and risk factors of the solution
MAINTAIN AND TROUBLESHOOT
• Troubleshoot moderate network malfunctions (e.g. entire floor of building loses network connectivity or network speed) that may be isolated to a specific department, floor or building by using provided procedures and tools to deliver successful solutions to the customers.
• Diagnose moderate to complex device issues by using provided documentation and tools to deliver successful solutions to customers.
• Replace faulty equipment by using provided procedures and tools to deliver working equipment to the customers.
• Support and troubleshoot client VPN issues of moderate complexity by using provided documentation, experience and tools to provide successful solutions to customers.
• Coordinate the installation of network cabling with Facilities and vendors by using documentation and tools to provide successful solutions to customers.
• Contribute and participate in technical discussions that involve moderate to complex infrastructure enhancements by attending meetings to provide successful solutions to customers.
Johns Hopkins Health System and its affiliates are drug-free workplace employers.
Johns Hopkins Health System and its affiliates are an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, age, national origin, mental or physical disability, genetic information, veteran status, or any other status protected by federal, state, or local law.
Johns Hopkins Medicine.