Sr. Provider Relations Coordinator
Requisition #: 213563
Location: Johns Hopkins Health Care, Hanover, MD 21076
Category: Clerical and Administrative Support
Work Shift: Day Shift
Work Week: Full Time (40 hours)
Weekend Work Required: No
Date Posted: Jan. 16, 2020
Reports to the Manager of Provider Relations and assists in the performance of Provider Relations administrative and operational duties which include Network Maintenance regarding high level claim payment, eligibility, benefit interpretations, fee schedules, referral and appeals process; Provider Credentialing Process related to applications and documentation; Network Development, Provider Education and Communication; also participate as a go-to person in various department projects and meetings, answering escalated concerns from JHHC/JHMSC network providers, Provider Relations Coordinators and other JHHC Departments.
- Some college; Associates or Bachelor’s degree strongly preferred.
Knowledge and Skills:
- Work requires a general level of business education and/or specialized skills in office management, bookkeeping and data processing as acquired in the first two years of college, business school or equivalent experience.
- Work requires thorough knowledge of administrative procedures and practices at a level generally acquired through two to three years of related experience.
- Work requires incumbent to be extremely knowledgeable in the nuances and interrelationships of all JHHC products. Also requires thorough knowledge of operational procedures and practices with specific emphasis in the managed care environment.
- Requires a minimum of three years prior experience in either physician’s office, group practice, insurance setting or managed care environment. Experience should include: Provider Relations functions, knowledge of managed care concepts, problem solving and information systems
Pay Grade: NG
Johns Hopkins Health System and its affiliates are Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, and or any other status protected by federal, state, or local law.
Johns Hopkins Medicine.