Sr. Report Developer
Requisition #: 198440
Location: Johns Hopkins Health Care, Hanover, MD 21076
Category: Information Technology
Work Shift: Day Shift
Work Week: Full Time (40 hours)
Weekend Work Required: No
Date Posted: July 23, 2020
The role will report to the manager of BI Production Support and will be responsible for supporting the reporting and analytics production support for Johns Hopkins Healthcare using various reporting tools such as Tableau, SSRS and SSIS. The report developer/analyst role partners with all aspects of the business to facilitate the Enterprise Business Intelligence initiatives.
Production Support (~50%)
Triaging and resolving production support issues with reports, extracts, and dashboards. Working with the business partners to understand the issue and determine the root cause. Work with business partners to resolve data quality issues. Reconciling and managing data quality as necessary to resolve discrepancies and/or validate results utilizing data to identify potential transactional system issues. Ensure scheduled reports execute successfully. Responsible for several monthly, quarterly and yearly major reporting processes. Participate in the QA process of other reports, extracts and dashboards.
Process Improvement (~20%)
Review production reporting processes and reports with a goal of improving performance, reliability, accuracy, and scalability. Assist business partners with basic reporting questions. Assist Business partners as they query the Enterprise Data Warehouse (EDW).
Reporting New Delivery (~30%)
Creating reports, extracts, dashboards, and guided ad hoc reports, primarily using Tableau, SSRS, SSIS and SSAS. Gathering and translating reporting business requirements to technical requirements. Providing context analysis and suggestions to the user community during the requirement gathering process.
- Experience with developing reports using multiple Business Intelligence applications – 5 years of experience.
- Strong SQL writing skills - 5 years of experience.
- Experience with highly complex reporting solutions as acquired during 3 to 5 years related experience.
- BI tool administration including Tableau, Microsoft reporting servers is preferred.
- Previous experience in a health care setting is preferred.
- Understanding of SQL Server relational databases.
- Strong interpersonal skills, strong analytical skills, the ability to manage multiple project assignments, interact effectively with customers, and the ability to lead others.
- Ability to work with others within the department, company, and other divisions; must be able to interact effectively with the leadership team.
- Demonstrated troubleshooting skills and must be an objective, fact-based decision maker.
- BS degree in computer sciences, software design, engineering, information systems, related field or comparable years of experience
Johns Hopkins Health System and its affiliates are Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment w
sexual orientation, gender identity, sex, age, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, and or any other status protected by federal, state, or local law.
Johns Hopkins Medicine.