Sr Revenue Support Assistant
Requisition #: 512243
Location: Johns Hopkins Health System, Baltimore, MD 21201
Work Shift: Day Shift
Work Week: Full Time
Weekend Work Required: No
Date Posted: April 20, 2022
Join an amazing global healthcare organization!
Excellent compensation package!
Awesome benefits, including dependent tuition reimbursement!
Requisition #: 512243
Johns Hopkins Health Systems
3910 Keswick Road
Baltimore, MD 21211
Full Time (40 hours)
Day Shifts 8:00am - 4:30pm
Weekend Work Not Required
Reporting to the Revenue Cycle Manager and/or Supervisor; the Senior Revenue Support Assistant will be responsible for providing clerical support in the billing and collection of accounts receivable for the Health System and/or resolve complex payer issues to completion daily.
Critical to this position is understanding the importance of accuracy, timeliness, and efficiency in processing large volumes of correspondence and/or patient files for the Johns Hopkins Health System payer groups in a high volume in a multi-hospital health system. The Senior Revenue Support Assistant must also possess basic knowledge of up to date HIPAA and HITECH rules and regulations.
The Senior Revenue Support Assistant works as team member and positively accepts change throughout the Health System while establishing relationships at all facilities and be familiar with each institution’s computer environment and payer contracts as needed.
High School Diploma or equivalent, some college preferred.
Required Work Experience:
3 years of relevant work experience
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Requires intermediate math skills
- Some knowledge of medical terminology, required.
- Knowledge of the Johns Hopkins Health System or other Healthcare related policies and procedures, preferred.
- Ability to search and print Medical Records.
- Ability to provide departmental productivity summaries as needed.
- Ability to successfully submit payer adjustments.
- Intermediate in Microsoft Office.
- Requires communication skills to clearly and concisely communicate verbally and in writing with peers, superiors, payers, physicians, ancillary departments, etc.
- Demonstrate proficiency in detail oriented tasks that affect the overall Health System accounts receivable.
- Requires analytical skills to be able to assist in preparing weekly and monthly reports.
- Requires minimal to no assistance in completing follow through for complex tasks.
- Ability to distribute mail and correspondence to correct Accounts Receivable teams.
- Ability to submit supply purchase orders.
JHM prioritizes the health and well-being of every employee. Come be healthy at Hopkins!
Diversity and Inclusion are Johns Hopkins Medicine Core Values. We are committed to creating a welcoming and inclusive environment, where we embrace and celebrate our differences, where all employees feel valued, contribute to our mission of serving the community, and engage in equitable healthcare delivery and workforce practices
Johns Hopkins Health System and its affiliates are an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, age, national origin, mental or physical disability, genetic information, veteran status, or any other status protected by federal, state, or local law.
Johns Hopkins Health System and its affiliates are drug-free workplace employers.
Johns Hopkins Medicine.