Sterile Supply Assistant II
Requisition #: 179016
Location: Johns Hopkins Bayview Medical Center, Baltimore, MD 21201
Category: Allied Health/Clinical Professional
Work Shift: Evening Shift
Work Week: Full Time (40 hours)
Weekend Work Required: Yes
Date Posted: Feb. 16, 2019
Johns Hopkins employs more than 20,000 people annually across our health system. Upon joining Johns Hopkins, you become part of a diverse organization dedicated to its patients, their families, and the community we serve, as well as to our employees. Career opportunities are available in academic and community hospital settings, home care services, physician practices, international affiliate locations and in the health insurance industry. If you share in our vision, mission and values and also have exceptional customer service and technical skills, we invite you to join an employer that is a leader and innovator in the healthcare field.
Johns Hopkins Bayview Medical Center
Central Sterile Processing
Full Time / 40 hrs./week, Eve Shift (3:00 PM – 11:30 PM)
Prepares sterile supplies such as instrumentation, med/surg supplies and metal ware, etc., for use throughout the hospital. Preparation of supplies includes decontamination, inspection, assembly, sterilization and distribution. Responsible for operating equipment utilized for the above processes such as washer/decontaminators and sterilizers. Play an important role in the delivery of quality patient care by understanding and utilizing good infection control practices as it relates to decontamination and sterilization. The Sterile Supply Assistant II is distinguished from that of the Sterile Supply Assistant I in that it involves lead work.
II. JOB REQUIREMENTS
A. Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
1. Work requires a high school level of educational development. Two years previous CSP experience and knowledge of medical terminology also required. One year experience will be waived if candidate possesses current CSP certification.
2. No license, certification or registration required.
3. Work requires the analytical skills to gather and interpret data in situations in which the information or problems are relatively routine.
4. Work requires the ability to exchange information on factual matters, schedule appointments, greet visitors, explain Medical Center policies, and/or relay messages to appropriate personnel. This type of interaction requires courtesy and tact when dealing with patients, visitors, and/or Medical Center employees. More sensitive situations may be referred to others as appropriate.
B. Required Physical, Mental, and Visual Abilities
1. Lifting and/or carrying objects weighing 21 to 50 pounds.
2. Pushing and/or pulling non-motorized equipment (e.g., stretchers, supply carts, mops) weighing 20 to 50 pounds.
3. Stooping and bending.
4. Reaching and grasping objects.
5. Manipulating and operating power tools or machinery.
6. Walking and/or standing for extended periods of time.
C. Working Conditions
1. Work is generally performed in an office or clinical environment in which there may be exposure to bio-hazardous material/conditions.
Johns Hopkins Health System and its affiliates are Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, and or any other status protected by federal, state, or local law.
Johns Hopkins Medicine.