Supervisor, Release of Information (ROI)
Requisition #: 188213
Location: Johns Hopkins Hospital/Johns Hopkins Health System, Baltimore, MD 21201
Category: Clerical and Administrative Support
Work Shift: Day Shift
Work Week: Full Time (40 hours)
Weekend Work Required: No
Date Posted: June 21, 2019
Johns Hopkins Health System employs more than 20,000 people annually. Upon joining Johns Hopkins Health System, you become part of a diverse organization dedicated to its patients, their families, and the community we serve, as well as to our employees. Career opportunities are available in academic and community hospital settings, home care services, physician practices, international affiliate locations and in the health insurance industry. If you share in our vision, mission and values and also have exceptional customer service and technical skills, we invite you to join those who are leaders and innovators in the healthcare field.
The Supervisor, Release of Information, under the direction of the HIM Operations Manager, will assess daily ROI work volumes by monitoring incoming requests via fax, e-fax, e-mail, mail, and walk-ins. Based on these volumes, the Supervisor will make work assignments. The Supervisor will monitor call center activity daily, and adjust staffing to meet required 95% answer rate. On a weekly basis, the Supervisor will perform quality audits for all employees and monitor productivity. The Supervisor will create quality and productivity monitoring reports, and distribute these reports to the Manager and employees monthly. The Supervisor will create staff schedules, manage PTO requests, and monitor attendance to ensure adequate staffing to meet demands of work volumes. The Supervisor will manage time-keeping based on the payroll schedule. The Supervisor will perform mid-year and annual performance appraisals. The Supervisor will create a customer service environment to ensure the highest levels of service to all customers.
Ability to demonstrate in-depth knowledge of HIPAA privacy regulations, and other state and federal regulatory requirements as they apply to Release of Information. Must demonstrate experience with electronic medical records, and automated workflows, used to manage work volumes. Experience using Excel required.
Associate’s degree in Health Information Management with required credentials.
Minimum of two years of supervisory experience in Health Information Management. Work experience in Release of Information in a hospital environment preferred. Must demonstrate team-building experience, and process improvement concepts, to positively influence the work environment.
Day, Full time (40 hours)
8:30 am –5:00 pm
JHH, 600 N. Wolf Street
- Provide supervision and operational oversight in a customer service environment, which is fast paced and complex
- Demonstrate excellent interpersonal attributes and the ability to work closely with employees, patients, families, attorneys, investigators, the JHHS Legal Department and HIPAA Privacy Office
- Requires analytical skills to analyze performance data and regulatory requirements.
- Provide leadership to drive operational excellence using performance metrics for individual quality and productivity
- Serves as a knowledgeable resource for Release of Information questions and practices, both in the
- Health Information Management Department, and in other hospital departments
- Assists with the development of new hire orientation and initial training
- Coaches and supports individual performance, which impacts department and organizational performance
- Applies employee engagement strategies to increase employee engagement and retention
- Provides regular feedback to employees to ensure high quality performance as outlined in the performance monitoring program
- Assists with holding employees accountable for individual performance metrics
- Coordinates and supervises work assignments using the Electronic Medical Record work queues.
- Approves or denies requests for time off, to ensure levels of staffing to support established goals, and maintains schedule to reflect adequate staffing
- Maintains, calculates, and reports bi-weekly attendance for payroll
- Maintains routine communication with staff to inform of department operational updates, and procedural changes.
- Provides regular updates to Manager regarding individual and team performance, concerns related to customer service, process or technology, and submits ideas for improvement.
Required Licensure, Certification:
Works in normal office environment.
Johns Hopkins is a Smoke – Free campus.
Johns Hopkins Health System and its affiliates are drug-free workplace employers.
Johns Hopkins Health System and its affiliates are an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, age, national origin, mental or physical disability, genetic information, veteran status, or any other status protected by federal, state, or local law.
Johns Hopkins Medicine.