Supervisor, Surgical Supply and Implant WDS
Requisition #: 502383
Location: Johns Hopkins Hospital, Baltimore, MD 21201
Work Shift: Day Shift
Work Week: Full Time
Weekend Work Required: Yes
Date Posted: June 13, 2022
Join an amazing global healthcare organization!
Excellent compensation package!
Awesome benefits, including dependent tuition reimbursement!
Requisition #: 502383
Location: 1800 Orleans St, Baltimore, MD 21287
Full Time (40 hours)
Day Shift, 5:30AM- 7:00PM
Weekend Work Required
Reports to the Surgery Supply Chain Manager and is responsible for the supervision and quality of work per assigned shift in the Supply Chain division. Oversees all activities occurring in the department, focusing on inventory and operations – both from a productivity as well as quality perspective. The team in the aggregate supports 35,000 OR cases and spends $90 million on supplies and implants annually. Responsible for all processes associated with maintaining a large scope supply chain operation, including planning, organizing and controlling of the daily perpetual and periodic inventory of medical surgical supplies and patient care equipment within the storerooms, cores and OR rooms to fulfill supply and equipment requests in the following areas: ZBOR, WBG and JHOC through a 24/7 operation. Directs staff engaged in ordering, receiving, shipping, unpacking, picking, staging, storage, verification, case carts, par area stocking, cycle counting and all other activities required to successfully maintain adequate supplies of stock items for all surgical supply areas as well as instrument set delivery. Utilizes department measurement tools to monitor and report quality and productivity within the department on a daily basis.
Requires a minimum of an Associate’s degree. Bachelor’s degree is preferred. Experience beyond the work experience may be substituted for the degree on 2 years of experience for 1 year of education basis.
Requires a minimum of 5 years of working in a health care environment or working with supply chain experience outside of health care, with at least 1 year of leadership exposure.
Required Licensure/ Certification, etc.
CMRP (Certified Materials Resource Professional) certification within one (1) year of being hired into the position is preferred. Complete Supervisor Cohort within 1 year of hire.
Knowledge Skills Abilities:
- Demonstrates knowledge of practice and theories of training and development, organizational behavior, change management, group dynamics and business management.
- Must have advanced knowledge and understanding of inventory systems, supply chain management, basic budgetary comprehension, distribution and purchasing.
- Understand the difference between management and leadership, training and development tactics, motivational and employee engagement methods, and strategic thinking philosophies.Requires an understanding of departmental policy and procedures.
- Requires an understanding of customer service practices.
- Strong analytical aptitude with a proven ability to analyze data and solve complex problems.
- Experience with project management
- Excellent oral and written skills; organizational and time management abilities
- Ability to interact with a diverse labor force with varying educational levels
- Strong strategic and creative thinking skills
- Ability to lead, motivate and empower others
- Customer service skill set needs to be highly developed
- Strong computer skills in software related to supply chain, including Microsoft Office
- Experience in training and development is necessary
- Staff scheduling, and performance evaluation competencies should be strong
- Strong inventory management skills along with basic knowledge of Sterile Processing and equipment
- Conflict resolution, team player, proactive leader and high energy are all desired characteristics
Johns Hopkins Health System and its affiliates are an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, age, national origin, mental or physical disability, genetic information, veteran status, or any other status protected by federal, state, or local law.
Johns Hopkins Health System and its affiliates are drug-free workplace employers.
We are committed to providing a healthy and safe environment for our patients, visitors and staff members. The Johns Hopkins Hospital has a tobacco-free at work policy. Employees must refrain from using any tobacco products during their work shifts — including while at lunch or on breaks, and whether they are on or off campus.
Johns Hopkins Medicine.