Surgery Scheduler Biller
Requisition #: 188606
Location: Johns Hopkins All Children's Hospital, St. Petersburg, FL 33701
Category: Clerical and Administrative Support
Work Shift: Day Shift
Work Week: Full Time (40 hours)
Weekend Work Required: No
Date Posted: June 18, 2019
Johns Hopkins Health System employs more than 20,000 people annually. When joining the Johns Hopkins Health System, you became part of a diverse organization dedicated to its patients, their families, and the community we serve, as well as to our employees. Career opportunities are available in academic and community hospital settings, home care services, physician practices, international affiliate locations and in the health insurance industry. Great careers continually advance here.
At Johns Hopkins All Children's Hospital located in St. Petersburg, FL, we offer first-class pediatric care, along with the best lifestyle anyone could imagine. In the heart of Tampa Bay our main campus and state-of-the-art facility is located in downtown St. Petersburg, Florida and just minutes from restaurants, beautiful beaches, sports arenas and a multitude of family activities.
We are committed to cultivating, nurturing and hiring the best talent for our organization and believe every person makes a difference in the lives of our patients and their families. As you’ll see, we take our work and our fun very seriously. We think you're going to love it here.
The Surgical Scheduling/Biller is responsible for the confidential and accurate scheduling and billing of surgical procedures and specialty services. Prepares and distributes the schedules for Surgery, Special Procedures and other Out of Suite procedures with anesthesia to ensure communication and dissemination of information.
1.Prepares accurate and timely schedules, adjusting case times to reflect good utilization of rooms and personnel
2. Verifies documentation of all procedures, system generated charges and supplies for procedures performed in the Operating Room, Special Procedures Unit, and Out of Suite procedures with Anesthesia to ensure billing accuracy
3. Maintains data critical to safe and efficient daily operations of Perioperative Service departments to support compliance within the department
4. Assists in maintaining efficient operations through responsibility and performance of clerical duties
5. Analyzes the finalized surgical record and other specified data sources to validate or properly assign patient charges to surgical cases
- High School diploma/GED
- 2 years of physician/surgeon office, Ambulatory Surgery Center or Hospital experience with procedure scheduling and/or billing
- Medical terminology proficiency
___X__ Ability to move freely (standing, stooping, walking, bending, pushing and pulling) and lift up to a maximum of twenty-five (25) pounds without assistance
___X__ Category 2: Job classification is not exposed to blood borne pathogens (blood or bodily fluids) while performing job duties
- Traditional office setting
Johns Hopkins Health System and its affiliates are an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, age, national origin, mental or physical disability, genetic information, veteran status, or any other status protected by federal, state, or local law. Johns Hopkins Health System and its affiliates are drug-free workplace employers.
Johns Hopkins Medicine.