Surgical Tech I Certified
- Requisition #:
- Johns Hopkins Hospital, Baltimore, MD 21201
- Nursing Support/Patient Care
- Rotating Shift
Now offering a $2,500 Sign-On BONUS!!!
Surgical Tech I Certified
The Johns Hopkins Hospital
The Surgical Technologist helps prepare the operating room by setting up sterile surgical instruments and supplies. During the surgical procedure, the surgical tech is responsible for anticipating the needs of the surgeon by passing instruments and supplies, performing sponge/ sharps counts, and providing solutions to the surgeons. The surgical tech will ensure there are no breaks in the sterile technique.
Pediatric & Peds/ Adult Congenital Cardiac OR has 10 operating Rooms and 2 procedure rooms. Nurses scrub and circulate. The surgical subspecialties include pediatric general surgery, cardiac, neurosurgery, otolaryngology, orthopedics, urology, plastic, burns, trauma, transplant, gastrointestinal, fetal surgery, and dental. Other procedures include adult overflow cases, oncology- LP & chemo, and anesthesia-assisted intubation. The Johns Hopkins Children's Center is a Regional Pediatric Burn Center.
Shifts: 10-hour rotating shifts; weekends; on-call
- High School diploma or GED equivalent required
- Successful completion of a Surgical Technology training program or equivalent Surg Tech Military training/work experience is required
- BLS CPR certification required: AHA, Red Cross, or Military Training Network accepted
- No surgical technician work experience required
Benefits: The Johns Hopkins Hospital values the people who work here and offers competitive pay and comprehensive benefits to our employees as a total compensation package.
- Affordable Health, Vision, and Dental Insurance Plans
- Short-term disability coverage (cost covered by JHH)
- Vacation & Sick Time; plus 3 free days, and 7 paid holidays
- Retirement Benefits: Pension and 403B
- Tuition assistance
- Several other optional benefits (FSA, AFLAC plans, Pre-paid legal, Pet insurance)
- Exclusive Employee Discounts: Cell phone plans, amusement parks, shopping, hotels, cars, electronics, restaurants, and more!
- Johns Hopkins mySupport: free & confidential 24/7, free resources for mental health counseling, assistance with financial and legal issues
***Effective January 1st. 2023, you must be fully vaccinated with an FDA COVID-19 vaccination and provide proof of your vaccination status as part of your occupational health screening. Exceptions to the COVID-19 vaccination requirement may be granted to individuals for religious beliefs or medical reasons by following the proper protocols. In the wake of the COVID-19 pandemic, the Johns Hopkins Health System remains committed to providing the highest quality care for our patients and our communities.
***Authorization to Work in the United States: Applicants who require sponsorship now or in the future will not be considered for this position.
Johns Hopkins Health System and its affiliates are drug-free workplace employers.
We are committed to providing a healthy and safe environment for our patients, visitors and staff members. The Johns Hopkins Hospital has a tobacco-free at work policy. Employees must refrain from using any tobacco products during their work shifts — including while at lunch or on breaks, and whether they are on or off campus.
Johns Hopkins Health System and its affiliates are an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, age, national origin, mental or physical disability, genetic information, veteran status, or any other status protected by federal, state, or local law.