Surgical Technician - Cardiovascular OR
Requisition #: 173182
Location: Johns Hopkins Hospital Nursing, Baltimore, MD 21201
Category: Nursing Support/Patient Care
Work Shift: Day Shift
Work Week: Full Time (40 hours)
Weekend Work Required: Yes
Date Posted: June 26, 2019
Johns Hopkins Health System employs more than 20,000 people annually. When joining the Johns Hopkins Health System, you became part of a diverse organization dedicated to its patients, their families, and the community we serve, as well as to our employees. Career opportunities are available in academic and community hospital settings, home care services, physician practices, international affiliate locations and in the health insurance industry. Great careers continually advance here.
The Johns Hopkins Hospital
Cardiovascular OR - Surgical Technician
Under the direction of a Registered Nurse, the Surgical Technician performs duties in the operating room to assist the surgical team in surgical, such as scrubbing on all types of operative procedures, obtaining and preparing instruments and equipment and maintaining a clean and safe surgical environment. Work requires the ability to demonstrate familiarity with operating room instruments/equipment/supplies.
All experience levels encouraged to apply!
Candidate qualification for the Surg Tech position:
1. Must have minimum high school diploma, GED, or equivalent.
2. Successful completion of a Surgical Technician training is required.
3. Surgical Technician Certification preferred
4. No experience required. Six to twelve months of prior experience as a Surgical Technician preferred.
5. Active BLS (healthcare provider) CPR certification from AHA, Red Cross, or Military Training Network
The Surgical Technician I is responsible for:
- Must be able to read and understand materials management reports, forms and requisitions.
- In depth knowledge of aseptic technique principles and standard precautions.
- Instrument care and handling principles.
- Surgical anatomy and physiology.
- Familiar with verbal and non-verbal communication styles, team concepts and dynamics.
- Accountable for appropriate use of resources and cost awareness.
- Adheres to prescribed procedures and protocols.
Johns Hopkins Health System and its affiliates are drug-free workplace employers.
Johns Hopkins Health System and its affiliates are an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, age, national origin, mental or physical disability, genetic information, veteran status, or any other status protected by federal, state, or local law.
Johns Hopkins Medicine.