Surgical Technician - Cardiovascular OR
Requisition #: 163984
Location: Johns Hopkins Hospital Nursing, Baltimore, MD 21201
Category: Nursing Support/Patient Care
Work Shift: Rotating Shift
Work Week: Full Time (40 hours)
Weekend Work Required: Yes
Date Posted: June 26, 2019
The Johns Hopkins Hospital
Cardiovascular Operating Room - Surgical Technician
Candidate Qualifications for the Surg Tech position in the Cardiovascular OR:
- Must have High school diploma or equivalent GED or associates degree in Surgical Technology
- Successful completion Surgical Technician training is required.
- Surgical Technician certification and six to twelve months of prior experience as a Surgical Technician preferred.
- Active BLS (Heathcare Provider) CPR certification from the AHA, Red Cross, or Military Training Network
All experience levels encouraged to apply!
Under the direction of a Registered Nurse, performs duties in the operating room to assist the surgical team in surgical, such as scrubbing on all types of operative procedures, obtaining and preparing instruments and equipment and maintaining a clean and safe surgical environment. Work requires the ability to demonstrate familiarity with operating room instruments/equipment/supplies.
The Surgical Technician is responsible for:
- Must be able to read and understand materials management reports, forms and requisitions.
- In depth knowledge of aseptic technique principles and standard precautions.
- Instrument care and handling principles.
- Surgical anatomy and physiology.
- Familiar with verbal and non-verbal communication styles, team concepts and dynamics.
- Accountable for appropriate use of resources and cost awareness.
- Adheres to prescribed procedures and protocols.
Johns Hopkins Health System and its affiliates are drug-free workplace employers.
Johns Hopkins Health System and its affiliates are an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, age, national origin, mental or physical disability, genetic information, veteran status, or any other status protected by federal, state, or local law.
Johns Hopkins Medicine.