Surgical Technologist II - Operating Room - $5,000 Sign On Bonus
Requisition #: 198345
Location: Sibley Memorial Hospital, Washington, DC 20001
Category: Nursing Support/Patient Care
Work Shift: Evening Shift
Work Week: Full Time (40 hours)
Weekend Work Required: Yes
Date Posted: Dec. 10, 2019
The Surgical Technologist II possesses advanced knowledge of aseptic/surgical technique and is able to anticipate the required instrumentation for each step of a surgical procedure. The Technologist II serves as a resource person for specialty cases and demonstrates working knowledge of specialty equipment/instrumentation. Serves as a primary preceptor for inexperience Surgical Technologists and acts as a resource for other staff orienting to the scrub role in the operating room.
$5,000 Sign On Bonus
Minimum Education and Experience:
- High school graduate or GED equivalent
- Successful completion of a Surgical Technologist training program preferred and/or experience in lieu of a training program.
- 3-5 years of clinical OR experience in an acute care setting required.
- Achievement of specialty certification.
- Associate degree in Allied Health or equivalent combination of education and clinical experience.
Evening Shift- full time Start: 3pm End: 11:30pm
Sibley Memorial Hospital provides a smoke-free workplace.
Johns Hopkins Health System and its affiliates are drug-free workplace employers.
Johns Hopkins Health System and its affiliates are an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, age, national origin, mental or physical disability, genetic information, veteran status, or any other status protected by federal, state, or local law.
Johns Hopkins Medicine.