Surgical Unit Technician- Evenings
Requisition #: 179743
Location: Johns Hopkins All Children's Hospital, St. Petersburg, FL 33701
Category: Support Services (Services/Trades)
Work Shift: Evening Shift
Work Week: Full Time (40 hours)
Weekend Work Required: No
Date Posted: May 30, 2019
Johns Hopkins Health System employs more than 20,000 people annually. When joining the Johns Hopkins Health System, you became part of a diverse organization dedicated to its patients, their families, and the community we serve, as well as to our employees. Career opportunities are available in academic and community hospital settings, home care services, physician practices, international affiliate locations and in the health insurance industry. Great careers continually advance here.
At Johns Hopkins All Children's Hospital located in St. Petersburg, FL, we offer first-class pediatric care, along with the best lifestyle anyone could imagine. In the heart of Tampa Bay our main campus and state-of-the-art facility is located in downtown St. Petersburg, Florida and just minutes from restaurants, beautiful beaches, sports arenas and a multitude of family activities.
We are committed to cultivating, nurturing and hiring the best talent for our organization and believe every person makes a difference in the lives of our patients and their families. As you’ll see, we take our work and our fun very seriously. We think you're going to love it here.
The Unit Technician performs a variety of supportive functions in the Perioperative Services Department. Facilitates safe patient care and contributes to O.R. efficiency by providing patient transport, technical support and environmental services.
- Performs in-between case room turnover, as well as other assigned housekeeping functions within the operating room to ensure environmental and infection control standards are maintained in accordance with JHACH policies
- Transports patients to and from Perioperative Services to ensure efficient movement of patients and maintain efficient flow through the department
- Follows the flow of the OR schedule and ensures that a case cart and any additional equipment for the next case is available outside the room for the following case to facilitate ease of room turnovers between patients
- Assists with room stocking and end of day cleaning to ensure all operative areas are clean, stocked and ready for patient care at all times
- Acts as a "runner" during the cases for assigned rooms to assist the perioperative team obtain necessary items during an OR case
- Anticipates surgical team needs and ensures bed and/or stretcher is available when the case is complete so patient has the appropriate conveyance out of the operating room
- Assists the Perioperative team with case preparation as directed to provide safe patient care
- Assists with patient positioning under the direction of a physician or R.N. to ensure the patient is safely positioned for procedure
- Under the direction of a physician or R.N., assists with patient prepping by holding an extremity to ensure the patient is properly prepped prior to a procedure
- High School Diploma/GED
- BLS, AHA
- __X__ Ability to move freely (standing, stooping, walking, bending, pushing and pulling) and lift up to a maximum of Fifty (50) pounds without assistance
- __X__ Category 1: Job classification is exposed to blood borne pathogens (blood or bodily fluids) while performing job duties
- Frequent exposure to sharp objects and instruments
- Occasional high noise level
Johns Hopkins Health System and its affiliates are an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, age, national origin, mental or physical disability, genetic information, veteran status, or any other status protected by federal, state, or local law. Johns Hopkins Health System and its affiliates are drug-free workplace employers.
Johns Hopkins Medicine.