Engineering Project Manager-Sustainability
Requisition #: 558663
Location: Johns Hopkins Hospital, Baltimore, MD 21201
Work Shift: Day Shift
Work Week: Full Time
Weekend Work Required: No
Date Posted: Aug. 18, 2022
Join an amazing global healthcare organization!
Excellent compensation package!
Awesome benefits, including dependent tuition reimbursement!
Requisition #: 558663
Location: 600 N. Wolfe St., Baltimore, MD 21287
Full Time (40 hours)
Day Shift, 8:00am - 4:30pm
Plans, executes and manages engineering and maintenance projects, manages maintenance and engineering equipment inventory, and collaborates with designers and engineers during the design of renovation and construction projects. Collaborates with the Facilities Operations Administrator, DOM with future planning and development of space allocation for both University and Hospital facilities. Coordination, consolidation and execution of operations support to the inpatient nursing units, including facility renovations and upgrades, project orders, maintenance orders, communication requests, office supplies, and print shop orders. This work is performed under the general supervision of the Facilities Operations Administrator, DOM.
Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in Engineering or related field required
Bachelor’s Degree 4 years related experience
HS/GED only 6 years related experience, 2 of which is within a similar position
Department Preferred Experience:
Specific systems, applications, projects on which the position will be responsible to develop or maintain:
SAP, Maximo, Archibus, Microsoft Office
Impact of system, application, and/or projects to organization:
Johns Hopkins Medicine Facilities Department at SOM and JHHS
Examples of clients supported and degree of client interaction:
Scale/size of area supported:
Degree of leadership and/or supervision – how work is assigned, carried out, and reviewed:
Or a degree related to the Sustainability field
- Working knowledge of sustainability reporting, utility consumption, waste stream and refrigerant data collection.
- Head sustainability data collection and reporting and communicating that data to the institution.
- Contribute by creating JHHS’s sustainability vision and goals.
- Communicate to external and internal departments about sustainability goals and how they can contribute.
- Champion present and future department and institution’s sustainability initiatives.
- Coordinate and align the overall Sustainability vision while balancing operational considerations of healthcare systems, hospitals and academic research centers.
- Collaborate with engineers, designers and operations personnel to help achieve the sustainability goals set by the institution.
- Aggregate sustainability data on project details, report on energy efficiency savings, waste stream weights, scrap recycling and equipment recycling programs the department and institution have implemented.
- Connect people, resources, and ideas across the organization in support of sustainability.
- Attend sustainability working groups at JHU and JHHS as the department’s representative.
- Brainstorm and identify creative ways in which the department can balance business obligations with the goal of respecting, supporting, and improving the local and global environments.
- Oversee reporting on equipment reuse, donations and other methods that may impact the waste stream. Determine how best to promote and highlight these to the wider JHHS and SOM tenants.
- Draft and implement sustainable organizational guidance that addresses environmental concerns.
- Have excellent verbal and written communications skills.
JHM prioritizes the health and well-being of every employee. Come be healthy at Hopkins!
Diversity and Inclusion are Johns Hopkins Medicine Core Values. We are committed to creating a welcoming and inclusive environment, where we embrace and celebrate our differences, where all employees feel valued, contribute to our mission of serving the community, and engage in equitable healthcare delivery and workforce practices
Johns Hopkins Health System and its affiliates are an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, age, national origin, mental or physical disability, genetic information, veteran status, or any other status protected by federal, state, or local law.
Johns Hopkins Health System and its affiliates are drug-free workplace employers.
Johns Hopkins Medicine.