System Control Technician - Maintenance
Requisition #: 168928
Location: Johns Hopkins All Children's Hospital, St. Petersburg, FL 33701
Category: Support Services (Services/Trades)
Work Shift: Day Shift
Work Week: Full Time (40 hours)
Weekend Work Required: Yes
Date Posted: Dec. 19, 2019
Manage daily maintenance and operation of the Building Management System (BMS) at Johns Hopkins All Children’s Hospital. Duties include responding to alarms, notifying appropriate management personnel, initiating corrective actions. Will also be responsible to assist fellow staff members with the maintenance, repair and installation of heating, ventilation, air conditioning, refrigeration devices and other building utility systems to insure safe reliable operation.
- Operates and maintains Johnson Controls Metasys Building Management System (BMS) for proper function and monitors against approved benchmarks to include; HVAC, Lighting, Security, Fire Suppression, Power Generation, Plumbing, and Electrical.
- Performs routine checks and upgrades software as provided by the Manufacturer to ensure optimal functioning of the BMS system.
- Monitors and verifies operation of all BMS field devices.
- Troubleshoots BMS system faults and develops repair solutions.
- Adjusts BMS settings and parameters to meet changing conditions, i.e., Load, Environmental, Customer needs, etc.
- Inspects, maintains, and repairs HVAC, Power Generation, Low-Voltage Electrical Switchgear, and UPS systems.
- Maintains documentation for all malfunctions, repairs, maintenance, or changes to systems and/or equipment. Records maintenance data and generates reports as needed and required by accrediting agencies.
- Evaluates all maintenance request forms, sets priorities, and process work assignments.
- Provides reports on all life safety, quality, and maintenance issues.
- Provides a safe and secure workplace.
- High school diploma / GED
- Prefer Associates degree (AS) or Technical Trade School diploma with focus on Digital Controls or equivalent combination of training and experience.
- Minimum of five years of facilities maintenance experience
- Minimum of three years working as a Building Automation System operator.
- Experience with Direct Digital Control and Programmable Logic Control device maintenance and repair.
- Effectively communicate with leadership and team members for the purpose of solving equipment or system related problems.
- Ability to read and understand system schematics, drawings, diagrams and prints.
Johns Hopkins Health System and its affiliates are drug-free workplace employers.
Johns Hopkins Health System and its affiliates are an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, age, national origin, mental or physical disability, genetic information, veteran status, or any other status protected by federal, state, or local law.
Johns Hopkins Medicine.