Systems Administrator SAP
Requisition #: 169705
Location: Johns Hopkins Hospital/Johns Hopkins Health System, Baltimore, MD
Category: Information Technology
Work Shift: Day Shift
Work Week: Full Time (40 hours)
Weekend Work Required: No
Date Posted: May 8, 2018
Johns Hopkins Health System employs more than 20,000 people annually. Upon joining Johns Hopkins Health System, you become part of a diverse organization dedicated to its patients, their families, and the community we serve, as well as to our employees. Career opportunities are available in academic and community hospital settings, home care services, physician practices, international affiliate locations and in the health insurance industry. If you share in our vision, mission and values and also have exceptional customer service and technical skills, we invite you to join those who are leaders and innovators in the healthcare field.
General Position Summary:
In accordance with institutional policies and standards, responsible for one or more of the following: administration, configuration, scripting, maintenance, performance, implementation, security and support of various departmental and components of enterprise wide platforms, including the installation and testing of new software, operating systems, related utilities/services, and hardware products as well as the integration of new products and /or software release upgrades into the current environment. Under guidance conducts systems performance evaluations, monitoring, patch management and security evaluations. Within the scope of the job, analyzes user needs in various computer environments (including but not limited to mainframe, Windows, and mid-range) and makes recommendations for products and services that meet those needs. Contributes to the efficient and cost-effective maintenance of systems environments.
Project scope can span an entire department, division, or enterprise-wide level. For enterprise-wide level typical projects impact the broader customer base of Johns Hopkins and its most mission critical systems. Projects often require interaction with various departments and teams both within and outside the department.
- Assist SAP Basis Systems Engineers by providing ‘Level 2’ support of multiple SAP landscapes to monitor, detect, diagnose, and recommend corrective solutions using SAP Solution Manager and other 3rd party software; assuring the integrity, availability, security and recoverability of the various SAP systems. Also, must be able to provide on-call, ‘after hours’ support and assistance.
- Assist SAP Basis Systems Engineers and various other IT team members, to optimize SAP system performance.
- Review, suggest, and occasionally apply corrective system fixes from supplied documentation and other sources (e.g. SAP EarlyWatch Reports, SAP Online Support, Cisco, IBM and other technology partners).
- Develop and maintain technical documentation of processes, standards and procedures for the administration and support of multiple SAP systems.
- Utilize SAP tools to perform new system installations, upgrades, patches, system refreshes and system and client copies.
- Provide technical support for SAP Functional team members (testing, research, diagnosis).
Skills and Knowledge:
- Knowledge of SAP system planning, installation, and administration, as well as a working understanding of SAP architecture and application modules.
- Knowledge in one or more core competencies (ECC, SRM, BW, Process Integration, Solution Manager desired).
- Excellent technical documentation, drawing and network diagram skills.
- Good RDBMS knowledge of 1 or more systems (Sybase or HANA desired) including installation and administration, backup/recovery techniques and general disaster recovery procedures.
- Good knowledge of UNIX/Linux and/or Microsoft Windows operating systems. Ability to maintain Shell scripts is desirable.
- Experience with Microsoft Office suite of tools, including Word, Excel, Outlook Visio and Project.
- Experience with Atlassian collaboration tools (Confluence and JIRA), RevTrac, BSI TaxFactory and EPIUSE Data Sync Manager is desirable.
- Experience with creating, updating and contributing to project plans and proficiency with creating technical documentation using MS Word, Excel, Visio, and other similar tools).
- Good oral and written communication skills, initiative and assertiveness.
- Ability to interface well with the management and staff of IT and customer community.
- Strong collaboration team building skills and the ability to work in a highly diverse environment.
- Must also be able to quickly adapt to project scope and deadline changes.
3+ years of related large scale systems administration support experience, of which 1+ years include related SAP Basis experience. Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related discipline, or equivalent work experience. Previously completed technical related SAP courses or certifications in relevant technical areas are preferred.
Johns Hopkins Health System and its affiliates are drug-free workplace employers.
Johns Hopkins Health System and its affiliates are an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, age, national origin, mental or physical disability, genetic information, veteran status, or any other status protected by federal, state, or local law.
Johns Hopkins Medicine.