Epic HIM Systems Development Manager
Requisition #: 149802
Location: Johns Hopkins Hospital/Johns Hopkins Health System, Baltimore, MD
Category: Information Technology
Work Shift: Day Shift
Work Week: Full Time (40 hours)
Weekend Work Required: Yes
Date Posted: June 27, 2018
Johns Hopkins Health System employs more than 20,000 people annually. Upon joining Johns Hopkins Health System, you become part of a diverse organization dedicated to its patients, their families, and the community we serve, as well as to our employees. Career opportunities are available in academic and community hospital settings, home care services, physician practices, international affiliate locations and in the health insurance industry. If you share in our vision, mission and values and also have exceptional customer service and technical skills, we invite you to join those who are leaders and innovators in the healthcare field.
General Position Summary: Responsible for overall coordination, status reporting and stability of project oriented work efforts. Establishes and implements project management processes and methodologies to ensure projects are delivered on time, within budget, adhere to high quality standards and meet assigned expectation. Responsible for assembling project plans and teamwork assignments, directing and monitoring work efforts on a daily basis, identifying resource needs, performing quality review; and escalating functional, quality and timeline issues appropriately. Coordinates any/all communication efforts to appropriate individuals. Team members will typically be assigned from other IT and business operations departments and functional experts from different areas.
This position has management responsibilities (e.g. hiring, firing, performance management) and completes projects through leadership of others for whom it has line responsibility.
Scope of applications or support may include specific application(s) of Epic and similar application(s) from different vendor(s). Serves as liaison and representative to the Epic and JHM communities, work groups, and committees. Performs task analysis, long term and short term planning to determine needs of the project and staff. Manages multiple applications through planning, scheduling, assigning, coordinating and reviewing tasks performed by staff.
Responsible for managing the project tasks in particular application area(s). These tasks are moderately complex to highly complex.
Negotiates with clients and vendors to deliver projects and tasks within mutually agreed upon deadlines.
Manages staff performance and all activities for area of responsibility through subordinate staff. Responsible for hiring/terminating, salary planning, performance reviews, promotional recommendations, training/development, staff satisfaction, staff motivation, and disciplining when necessary. Works in conjunction with the business and clinical owners. Exercises autonomy in day-to-day planning and decision making. Creates and sustains highly engaged teams by establishing a positive work environment.
Required Job Qualifications:
Education: Baccalaureate degree, in computer science, business or clinical related field or equivalent work experience. Professional certification(s) and/or related experience beyond minimum training experience qualifications may substitute for formal education requirement on a two years’ experience-for-one year education basis.
Certifications: May be required to complete and pass certification in assigned Epic application module(s) within 120 days of employment in this role.
- Seven years’ experience with appropriate computer systems and applications, as well as operational experience in a clinical or healthcare business field.
- Three years of supervisory/managerial experience
Preferred Job Qualifications:
- Master’s Degree preferred
- PMP Certification preferred
- Previous Epic experience preferred
- Previous IT experience preferred
- Working knowledge of MS Project is strongly preferred
Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities (KSA’s):
- Ability to establish and meet work schedules and project deadlines.
- Ability to work with diverse personalities and conflicting priorities to implement projects and tasks.
- Demonstrated expertise in project management and successful project implementations.
- Strong understanding of the application from Epic training
- Ability to delegate tasks to direct and indirect reports
- Ability to help resolve complex problems by providing their own expertise as well as leverage corporate or external expertise.
- Advanced interpersonal skills to effectively interface with department heads, university, hospital and health system personnel, vendors, consultants, etc.
- Ability to effectively communicate and interact with staff.
Johns Hopkins Health System and its affiliates are drug-free workplace employers.
Johns Hopkins Health System and its affiliates are an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, age, national origin, mental or physical disability, genetic information, veteran status, or any other status protected by federal, state, or local law.
Johns Hopkins Medicine.