Systems Security Engineer
Requisition #: 413484
Location: Johns Hopkins Health System, Baltimore, MD 21201
Category: Information Technology
Work Shift: Day Shift
Work Week: Full Time
Weekend Work Required: No
Date Posted: Sept. 28, 2021
Join an amazing global healthcare organization!
Excellent compensation package!
Awesome benefits, including dependent tuition reimbursement!
Systems Security Engineer
Location: Johns Hopkins Hospital, 1000 Lancaster Street, Baltimore MD 21205
Full Time (40 hours)
8:30 am - 5:00pm
Weekends Not Required
The position is responsible for ensuring end users have the proper access to an EMR, including the ability to run reports. The position will work with application teams, vendors and end users to ensure appropriate access for their job role. The position needs to understand the security roles and advise end users. The position must be able to understand the requirements for access requests, advise security coordinators on the use of the provisioning tool, and be able to run and explain reports from the provisioning tool. The position will work with end users that submit problem tickets, and have the ability to assist and resolve high priority calls.
Bachelor’s degree. Additional experience can be substituted for education.
Five years related experience.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
1. Must possess all requisite knowledge, skills, and abilities as posted in the supplemental section.
2. Must demonstrate strong critical thinking and analytical reasoning skills.
3. Must understand risk assessment, risk management, and internal control concepts.
4. Ability to work on multiple priorities effectively.
5. Ability to prioritize conflicting demands.
6. Ability to execute assigned project tasks within established schedule.
7. Ability to work collaboratively in a team environment.
8. Ability to communicate effectively in the service of users and colleagues.
9. Writes and communicates clearly and concisely.
10. Possesses sound documentation skills.
11. Ability to maintain confidentiality
12. Must demonstrate exemplary customer service skills.
13. Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications – Word, Excel, PowerPoint, with proficiency in Microsoft Visio desirable.
14. Demonstrated knowledge of project management principles as they relate to assigned tasks.
Johns Hopkins Health System and its affiliates are an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, age, national origin, mental or physical disability, genetic information, veteran status, or any other status protected by federal, state, or local law.
Johns Hopkins Health System and its affiliates are drug-free workplace employers.
Johns Hopkins Medicine.