Team Lead-Certified Coder
Requisition #: 185776
Location: Johns Hopkins All Children's Hospital, St. Petersburg, FL 33701
Category: Clerical and Administrative Support
Work Shift: Day Shift
Work Week: Full Time (40 hours)
Weekend Work Required: No
Date Posted: Aug. 20, 2019
Johns Hopkins Health System employs more than 20,000 people annually. Upon joining Johns Hopkins Health System, you become part of a diverse organization dedicated to its patients, their families, and the community we serve, as well as to our employees. Career opportunities are available in academic and community hospital settings, home care services, physician practices, international affiliate locations and in the health insurance industry. If you share in our vision, mission and values and also have exceptional customer service and technical skills, we invite you to join those who are leaders and innovators in the healthcare field.
Assists in performance of a variety of business office personnel. Monitors staff productivity and work quality to ensure that departmental goals and objectives are met or exceeded. Reviews workload and implements efficient workflow processes to accelerate billing, coding, and/or account resolution. Identifies, implements and/or monitors process improvement initiatives for the revenue cycle. Collaborates with hospital and/or ACSP practices to improve revenue cycle related processes.
- Assists assigned staff with meeting individual productivity and quality goals. This includes implementation and evaluation of performance and quality indicators. Supports management in the development and implementation and monitoring of action plan when individuals are not meeting or exceeding established goals.
- Supports management in monitoring billing inventory or account receivable activity to ensure KPI’s are being met or exceeded. Supports management in initiating appropriate corrective measures as needed, develops and maintains an action plan when KPI’s are not meeting goal. Allocates resources to ensure that staff are taking appropriate measures to handle assigned process within required timeframes.
- Responsible for monitoring activities related to specific tasks such as payment processing, denial posting, coding, charge capture, eligibility and/or reconciliation (both manually and electronically). Ensures that appropriate work queue review rules and/or edits are in place, that staff is working them within designated timeframes and doing so accurately.
- Supports management in monitoring vendors and affiliates, including the setup and maintenance of approved vendors with IT workflows. Participates in regular vendor meetings, supports management in monitoring vendor performance. Responds to vendor’s requests timely and reports concerns when appropriate to management. Supports management and works with affiliates to obtain access needed to medical records, newborn logs and/or census.
- Supports mentoring of interested staff to help grow skills and support growth within organization.
- A minimum of a High School diploma, GED, Certificate of Completion or equivalent achievement.
- At least five years’ relevant work experience. Experience in supporting management with projects required.
- Comprehensive knowledge physicians and/or hospital facility insurance and self-pay accounts receivable with contract reimbursement and/or denials management and/or claims appeals and/or claims follow-up and/or refunds and credit balance review and processing experience.
- Advanced understanding of medical, billing and coding terminology for physician and/or hospital facility
- Must be able to read, write, speak and understand English
- Advanced computer skills, working in multiple systems and proficient in Microsoft Office Applications
- Strong math aptitude required for analyzing and calculating
Johns Hopkins Health System and its affiliates are drug-free workplace employers.
Johns Hopkins Health System and its affiliates are an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, age, national origin, mental or physical disability, genetic information, veteran status, or any other status protected by federal, state, or local law.
Johns Hopkins Medicine.