Technical Manuscript Writer (Grant-funded) - IBPS
Requisition #: 192312
Location: Johns Hopkins All Children's Hospital, St. Petersburg, FL 33701
Category: Non-Clinical Professional
Work Shift: Day Shift
Work Week: Full Time (40 hours)
Weekend Work Required: No
Date Posted: Sept. 12, 2019
Johns Hopkins Health System employs more than 20,000 people annually. Upon joining Johns Hopkins Health System, you become part of a diverse organization dedicated to its patients, their families, and the community we serve, as well as to our employees. Career opportunities are available in academic and community hospital settings, home care services, physician practices, international affiliate locations and in the health insurance industry. If you share in our vision, mission and values and also have exceptional customer service and technical skills, we invite you to join those who are leaders and innovators in the healthcare field.
•At Johns Hopkins All Children's Hospital, we offer first-class pediatric care, along with the best lifestyle anyone could imagine. In the heart of Tampa Bay, our main campus and state-of-the-art facility is located in downtown St. Petersburg, Florida and just minutes from restaurants, beautiful beaches, sports arenas and a multitude of family activities.
•We are committed to cultivating, nurturing and hiring the best talent for our organization and believe every person makes a difference in the lives of our patients and their families. As you’ll see, we take our work and our fun very seriously. We think you're going to love it here.
Writes end-user documentation for professional publications. Participates in researching as necessary. Assists with the submission and oversight of submission process. Ensures submissions have been approved and have the support of IBPS Leadership. Tracks submissions and publications from IBPS Team Members.
- Leads or coordinates manuscript projects and initiatives.
- Evaluates and suggests improvements to manuscript submission and writing processes and presents findings and implementation recommendations.
- Works closely with IBPS Team Members to promote team building through the free exchange of ideas and methodologies.
- Acts as a resource for IBPS Team Members (at the direction of IBPS Senior Leadership and IBPS Research Council) for all technical and manuscript writing and submissions.
- Maintains a database of IBPS submissions and publications which is submitted to IBPS Senior Leadership monthly and IBPS Research Council quarterly.
- Education – Bachelor’s degree in English, Technical Writing, Journalism, Business or related degree and three (3) years of relevant experience preferably in a health care institution.
- Relevant Experience – Prefer previous technical/manuscript writing experience
- Licensure/Certification – None required
- Skills and Abilities – Proficiency in data entry and standard PC based applications required. Must be flexible and have good time management skills.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS (Please check all that apply)
- _X___ Ability to move freely (standing, stooping, walking, bending, pushing and pulling) and lift up to a maximum of twenty-five (25) pounds without assistance.
- ___X_ Category 1: Job classification is exposed to blood borne pathogens (blood or bodily fluids) while performing job duties.
- Work in a climate-controlled office or hospital environment.
Johns Hopkins Health System and its affiliates are drug-free workplace employers.
Johns Hopkins Health System and its affiliates are an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, age, national origin, mental or physical disability, genetic information, veteran status, or any other status protected by federal, state, or local law.
Johns Hopkins Medicine.