Telecom Service Operator
Requisition #: 166933
Location: Johns Hopkins Hospital/Johns Hopkins Health System, Baltimore, MD
Category: Information Technology
Work Shift: Evening Shift
Work Week: Limited (20 - 29)
Weekend Work Required: No
Date Posted: March 7, 2018
Johns Hopkins Health System employs more than 20,000 people annually. Upon joining Johns Hopkins Health System, you become part of a diverse organization dedicated to its patients, their families, and the community we serve, as well as to our employees. Career opportunities are available in academic and community hospital settings, home care services, physician practices, international affiliate locations and in the health insurance industry. If you share in our vision, mission and values and also have exceptional customer service and technical skills, we invite you to join those who are leaders and innovators in the healthcare field.
General Position Summary:
This is a call center agent position in the Solutions Center Department. This position calls for processing a high volume of incoming calls for the Johns Hopkins Institutions. This would include providing directory assistance, patient information, paging services and physician’s answering services. The position calls for excellent communication and customer service skills.
Work under guidance and direction. Entry level position. Works calls assigned by automated call system. Work is measured by call productivity and customer service standards.
The responsibilities listed below are typical examples of the work performed by this position. Not all duties assigned to this position are included, nor is it expected that everyone in this position will be assigned every job responsibility.
- Answer incoming calls.
- Triage the call to meet the customer’s request.
- Assist customers by resolving the issue when able.
- Assists the customer with Physicians Answering Service requests.
- Assists the customer when a code call is required.
- Assist the customer when a translator is requested using documented processes.
- Assist with updating department scheduling when required.
- Assist with pager testing.
Required Education: High School Diploma/GED.
Required Experience: 6 months related experience in a medical office, hospital, call center or customer service environment.
Preferred Job Qualifications:
Call Center Environment experience.
Understanding of basic computer skills.
Customer Service experience.
Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities (KSA’s):
- Possess all requisite knowledge, skills, and abilities as posted in the supplemental section.
- Good problem solving skills.
- Effective listening skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Ability to stay calm under pressure.
- Demonstrated strong work ethic.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality.
- Demonstrate exemplary customer service skills
Johns Hopkins Health System and its affiliates are drug-free workplace employers.
Johns Hopkins Health System and its affiliates are an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, age, national origin, mental or physical disability, genetic information, veteran status, or any other status protected by federal, state, or local law.
Johns Hopkins Medicine.