Registered Nurse RN 2 - Adult ED (The Johns Hopkins Hospital/ Johns Hopkins Bayview)
Requisition #: 301824
Location: Johns Hopkins Health System, Baltimore, MD 21201
Work Week: Part Time (30 - 39)
Weekend Work Required: Yes
Date Posted: Nov. 5, 2020
The Johns Hopkins Health System (JHHS) is introducing its brand new ED Float pool. RN’s working in the float pool will provide emergency care to adult patients at BOTH the Johns Hopkins Hospital and Johns Hopkins Bayview Medical Center. The expansion of care will allow you to build a wide variety of clinical skills with the support of a structured orientation program between campuses. As a JHHS nurse you will practice at the top of your license working at TWO Johns Hopkins academic medical centers who provide highly complex, tertiary care in an environment where teaching and research prevail. Both facilities are certified stroke and cardiac centers and offer emergency psychiatric services staffed by dedicated psychiatric nurses.
The Johns Hopkins Hospital is a level one trauma center as well as the regions eye referral center. There are 71 patient rooms with six dedicated trauma and critical care rooms, providing care for approximately 60,000 patients a year.
The Johns Hopkins Bayview Medical Center is Maryland’s regional adult burn center and the only level two trauma facility between Baltimore and Delaware. The ED is comprised of 49 patient care rooms, seven of which are dedicated to trauma and critical care, and provides emergency care for approximately 45,000 patients a year.
Shifts: Rotating or straight evening; Weekend work required
What does the RN need to succeed in role?
- 1 year of acute care RN work experience required. ED experience preferred.
- Ability to role model and support practices consistent with evidenced based care, guide others with plan of care, independently make clinical decisions in complex situations, and proactively assist others with patient assignment.
- BSN or higher degree preferred. Must be from an accredited nursing program.
- ADN/ASN (Associate’s degree in nursing) from an accredited nursing program may be considered
- Active Maryland or Compact RN license is required
- BLS CPR certification required: AHA, Red Cross, or Military Training Network accepted
Johns Hopkins Health System and its affiliates are drug-free workplace employers.
Johns Hopkins Health System and its affiliates are an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, age, national origin, mental or physical disability, genetic information, veteran status, or any other status protected by federal, state, or local law.
Johns Hopkins Medicine.